Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Issues with Craycort Cast Iron grates  (Read 624 times)

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
Issues with Craycort Cast Iron grates
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:30:36 PM »
Folks,

Just ordered a Craycort Cast Iron Grate for my 26" Weber kettle taking advantage of the Fathers Day discount. Unfortunately one of the cast-iron grate quarter section was broken on arrival. Packaging was horrible .. they just packaged everything in the flimsy cardboard box. I have been trying to contact them via phone/email, however no replies. I even went to their webpage trying to hit the links at the bottom of the page for returns etc., however the pages are non-responsive. Has anyone here had any experiences dealing with Craycort customer service? I'm very bummed due to their lack of response.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Issues with Craycort Cast Iron grates
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 03:21:44 AM »
They do have a history of slow response, but try to be patient they will get back to you and make it right. I agree the packaging on the 26 grate does suck but mine survived the trip.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 04:34:56 AM »
I’ve had to replace an 18” section a couple years ago and I didn’t have any issues with their customer service.  I have their CS email address and a different phone number with a 775 area code.  LMK if you want either.  FYI, the customer service email says their hours are 10am - 2pm.

Whatever happens, let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 04:41:01 AM »
I had this issue as well and reached out to them via their Facebook page /messenger , response was very quick and they took care of the issue .

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 03:46:27 PM »
I had used Amazon Payments and contacted them about the "no response" from Craycort. They said I could only file a claim 2 weeks after the payment processed, but they said they will contact the seller and seek a response to my issue. Today Rolf finally emailed me and said the following:

"The enameled 26.75” grate is so new that we havent had inserts in stock. After your email I have set your replacement quarter up in the warehouse system, this triggered the replacement process and I hope to get this out to you within the next 10 days."

So I will wait patiently for 10 days and hopefully my correctly aligned replacement insert show up.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 04:47:38 PM »
I had used Amazon Payments and contacted them about the "no response" from Craycort. They said I could only file a claim 2 weeks after the payment processed, but they said they will contact the seller and seek a response to my issue. Today Rolf finally emailed me and said the following:

"The enameled 26.75” grate is so new that we havent had inserts in stock. After your email I have set your replacement quarter up in the warehouse system, this triggered the replacement process and I hope to get this out to you within the next 10 days."

So I will wait patiently for 10 days and hopefully my correctly aligned replacement insert show up.
Thanks for the heads up, hope you didn't have plans on using them for the 4th! Don't think I'll be buying anything from this outfit!