Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How picky should I be?  (Read 1743 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: How picky should I be?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 06:41:48 AM »
For that price and all of Weber’s hype, call Weber. 

That said, my experience is the lid bail will eventually scratch the lid.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ba843

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 06:45:48 AM »
Have one on the way and can not wait...really looks incredible!
Instagram: @ba843

shorthairhunter

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
So I ended up emailing Weber customer service anyways. Not in any way demanding or negative. Here is my email:

“I received my new Ivory master touch grill yesterday and there is a small scratch on the lid. It looks like it occurred as a result of the lid bale hardware moving around. It’s not that big of a deal but I thought you would like to know in case there is a better way to package and/or secure the lid bale hardware.”

The response from Weber? “Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to see the damage to your new Master Touch.

If you could confirm your shipping address I would be happy to send a replacement lid.”

Wow! Talk about great customer service!!

This interaction just further confirms that spending $250 on a new grill that I for sure didn’t need (but really wanted [emoji12]) was a good idea. It is good to know that there are still USA companies that stand by their product. Oh, and the grill looks even better with a WKC handle!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 04:42:46 PM »
Every interaction I’ve ever had with Weber customer service has been more than pleasant. I always send an email raving about their awesome service and how it truly sets them apart from their competitors and ask that they forward it to management.

Weber, if you make it to this post on the forums, great job again.

#Webercustomer4life

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 02:47:05 AM »
Yup, Weber customer service is second to none! I had a similar situation where the porcelain popped around one of the mounting holes for the handle in the lid of my new blue Performer. Sent them an email and picture, had a new lid next day.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 04:32:06 AM »
A happy ending!
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 05:00:25 AM »
Yeah char-griller told me they dont cover the porcelain paint on their warranty, so I told them my next grill would definitely be a weber. (I do like my char-griller premium kettle though)

When I called weber to buy ash sweeps they said wait a second, lets check your serial number and see if they are under warranty! I told them it was from the 90's and probably not under warranty.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
Since I have you on the line, how do your kettles do in a Kansas wind? Here in the outskirts of Prague we have very similar wind a lot during the year. I know because I spent some time in Salina and driving across Kansas.
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »
Kudos Weber!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JuanRod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »
Got my new Ivory MT in the mail today. Lid has a bit of a scratch on it. Get in touch with Weber or live with it?

Hey there.  Got mine on wed. Yours looks worse than mine and I decided to just live with it.. mine actually looks like a hair or something like it got stuck in the finish... Idk.. I'mma fire it up and if it bothers me I'll give em a call. Hope the replacement looks flawless.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JuanRod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 11:15:25 AM »
Got my new Ivory MT in the mail today. Lid has a bit of a scratch on it. Get in touch with Weber or live with it?

Hey there.  Got mine on wed. Yours looks worse than mine and I decided to just live with it.. mine actually looks like a hair or something like it got stuck in the finish... Idk.. I'mma fire it up and if it bothers me I'll give em a call. Hope the replacement looks flawless.

Went out and took me a bit to find it.  What you guys think..?

JuanRod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »
Better pic

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »
Glad they did you a solid. In my mind though you paid good money for the special color so you want it to be near perfect.  If it were me I would continue to use the scratched lid and keep the clean one packaged in storage.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.