Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I wish to speak of heresy...  (Read 563 times)

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
I wish to speak of heresy...
« on: May 02, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »
I live in Canada and want to talk about Napoleon and why I should buy a Weber over something from a 'local' company.

WireCutter has a review where the Weber beat the Napoleon out due to ease of assembly and a complaint that the air vents are awkward to adjust. they did give the Napoleon kudos for being so much taller, having 4 legs that were inherently more stable on a flat surface and a usable shelf within the legs.

I'm a neophyte, so mostly unpolluted of pre-concepts other than that 'charcoal takes longer to get read', which may or may not be true, depending on circumstances (LOL).

thank you for your patience and understanding while you teach me the ways of the grill...    ;)
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I wish to speak of heresy...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 02:22:04 PM »
Are they porcelain coated?  I looked but couldn’t find the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:05:22 PM »
hey Hoosier, yes, their kettle grills are also porcelain coated.
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 07:34:02 PM »
I would assume it's a matter of build quality. If the Napoleon is built as well as the Weber, then it would likely come down to which grill has the features you like most. Personally, I wouldn't want a porcelain coated cast-iron grate or a hinged lid. However, the thermometer placement on the Napoleon looks much better than Weber's placement and the included heat deflector is a really nice feature.

I would say your best bet is to go see both in person and get a feel for them.

From the reviews I've seen online, airflow may be an issue with the Napoleon — you definately need good airflow to effectively grill. I've never used a Napoleon, but both of my portable Weber grills have better airflow than any other charcoal grill I've ever used.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
I want to see a video or a good written review of a cook comparison between both units, if both have there pluses and minuses
 I like the Napoleon cart and height, and that you can adjust the lid to open at different angles. The logo sucks but I can cover that with one of my ow. I guess. The Weber is tried and true , but all things can be improved  as the Eebers weak point is its wheel leg setup .
But all that behind us we need a glide cook off of say steaks, chicken wings,  and a pork butt to see it slow cook abilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app