Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kindly provide pics of inside of Weber "weatherproof" charcoal container  (Read 886 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
A couple of days ago, someone posted one of these black Weber charcoal bucket, bins, containers, or whatever they are called locally on at least two sites.  I jumped on it pretty quick because my dad used to have one & I was first in what apparently became a long line of people who were interested.

Because my dad had one, I immediately noticed the wire handles were missing when I picked it up.  (The ad had kind of crummy pictures where I really didn't notice it, see first 4 pics below).  However, it was cheap enough that I wasn't going to let it worry me too much.

So, I wondered if anyone might kindly send me pics of the inside where the wire handles go through the bucket.  Also, if you would mind taking sending me some dimensions of the handles, I'd appreciate it.  I'm going to try fabricating some replica ones, unless of course someone happens to have spare handles from a completely trashed bucket they ran over, fell on top of, or accidentally sat on.

Here are the pics from the ad of the bucket.  I've also posted a better pic (the last one) from one on ebay (for $189) that a 11 people are watching (my guess is all the watchers are owners of Weber buckets that would be willing to part with them for $189 if that one actually sells).

If you can help with picks of inside where wire handles go through bucket or some dimensions on the handles, it is much appreciated.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:44:37 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
Here you go

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Kindly provide pics of inside of Weber "weatherproof" charcoal container
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »
THANKS @chiku18!
regards,
Hal

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
This place is awesome.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

jmike314

• WKC Brave
This place is awesome.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

Hetron

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 03:48:46 AM »
FYI, the actual name of the product is Weber Charcoal Chest

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »
I actually found another thread that had a pic of one NIB (package really) so I had seen the official term, but then couldn't find it again when I posted.

FYI, the actual name of the product is Weber Charcoal Chest
regards,
Hal

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
This place is awesome.

I had exactly the same thought reading this thread