Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib warm up  (Read 862 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rib warm up
« on: January 27, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »
I might be forgetting, but I think this is the first time I’ve reheated ribs this way.

I vac bagged a couple racks a couple weeks ago and froze. Tonight I reheated in water. I put the vac bag in the water in a pot and let the water come to a boil and cook for ten minutes. Probably 30 minutes total. I then sauced and broiled for 7 minutes.

They were really good. I’m not sure I would be able to tell between fresh and frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Rib warm up
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 04:18:02 AM »
Very cool.  I received a Food Saver for Xmas and I’ll need to try that.  Now I can purposefully over cook to have future meals.  Very economical and it allows for great weeknight meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:08:46 AM »

Very cool.  I received a Food Saver for Xmas and I’ll need to try that.  Now I can purposefully over cook to have future meals.  Very economical and it allows for great weeknight meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will love it. It works great on pulled pork among other things.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:39:15 AM »
This is quite a common practice in my house. I am a sous vide addict, and do this type of thing a lot. Saves time for future meals... hot water is your friend!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »
I hear it works great...
But why would I want to grill enough food that I didn't get to grill again...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:50:18 AM »

I hear it works great...

I hear you!  Always the voice of reason.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 05:14:08 AM »
I hear it works great...

Because. Making meals and bagging them ahead of time makes sense. Less future work. I'm lazy in my old age. Yes I love grilling, no doubt. Butt, I also like the convenience of hot water when time is an issue. We have a lot of that around here...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 05:59:18 AM »
I love this idea.  I primarily grill on the weekends and always cook some extra.  It makes for great lunches or a quick "reheat" dinner during the week.  I have a Food Saver vac sealer...I'll have to give this idea a shot the next time I do ribs...which might be a while since we got 10 inches of snow here yesterday and the windchill is supposed to be -30 tomorrow.