Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Legendary story or fable?  (Read 1828 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Legendary story or fable?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 04:52:02 AM »
Yup. Social Media. Can't stand it. I left PhacePhuck years ago.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 05:28:59 AM »

"So couple of months this ago I was talking to a friend about being on the look out for old Webber's for my drum builds. He told his dad worked for Webber for 27 years. I did a charity que for his kid with cancer. Well he went back home for the holidays and just Facebook me. I think I'm having a heart attack. His dad has a shop 20 x 50 with every color under the rainbow of Webber's in boxes. Boxes of accessories. His dad told him to pick three and give them to me for helping his Grandson. I didn't know Webber made a 36, 48, and 60 inch they were made for a seafood restaurant chain. And he showed me a white one with pig,fish,cow and chicken painted on it. His dad said that was the way they made it.And some Webber's that we're Porto types. When you do good for God you get rewarded."
This sounds like the beginning of WKC folklore an old grizzled grillfella would tell a NOOB to incite good deeds and kettle karma. 

I choose to believe.  TFS, Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »
could have been the porto type  Camper/RV grill GS created in the early 1970s....maybe the NFL Jumbo Joe??

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 01:50:54 PM »

"So couple of months this ago I was talking to a friend about being on the look out for old Webber's for my drum builds. He told his dad worked for Webber for 27 years. I did a charity que for his kid with cancer. Well he went back home for the holidays and just Facebook me. I think I'm having a heart attack. His dad has a shop 20 x 50 with every color under the rainbow of Webber's in boxes. Boxes of accessories. His dad told him to pick three and give them to me for helping his Grandson. I didn't know Webber made a 36, 48, and 60 inch they were made for a seafood restaurant chain. And he showed me a white one with pig,fish,cow and chicken painted on it. His dad said that was the way they made it.And some Webber's that we're Porto types. When you do good for God you get rewarded."
I've seen stuff like this with cars... Amazing stuff is found. It may be true or it may be a story.
This sounds like the beginning of WKC folklore an old grizzled grillfella would tell a NOOB to incite good deeds and kettle karma. 

I choose to believe.  TFS, Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club