Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations!!!  (Read 1154 times)

Grrrillst

• Smokey Joe
Greetings and Salutations!!!
« on: December 23, 2018, 02:05:21 AM »
Hello all, I'm Bob from Wallingford, CT. I've been a grilling/BBQ enthusiast since my teen years. I own a Performer Platinum, two smokey Joe's, a 22" WSM, and I just picked up a mint used 22" One Touch Kettle for $20 yesterday.

I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident. I was actually looking for a replacement grate for the new to me kettle. Then I saw this forum pop up in web search results. This looks like the kind of site I've been searching for for years. I can't wait to start digging through information here.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Greetings and Salutations!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 04:03:50 AM »
Welcome from Indiana. I remember when I found this site. Disbelief followed by excitement followed by relief that I’m not alone [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:00:14 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 06:41:23 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

Grrrillst

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:11 AM »
Welcome from Indiana. I remember when I found this site. Disbelief followed by excitement followed by relief that I’m not alone [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I know what you mean.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
Welcome from Arizona!  If you are looking for an intervention you are the wrong place! Lol!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:05:28 AM »
Welcome from teh Lou!! (STL)

Pull up a chair!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »
@Grrrillst   Welcome from Melrose Park, IL. When I found this site it was Friday April 10, 2015, I was looking for some new stuff to grill. I thought I had a great line-up and looking back I did. I had...
(1) Weber Genesis 1000 "Red" Changed To Stainless
(1) Weber Genesis Silver B "Blue" Changed To Stainless
(1) Weber Genesis Silver B "Stainless Abt Exclusive",
(1) Summit 450 "Black" Weber no longer had the Stainless or it would be also
(1) Smokey Joe "1970-1980 Black"
(1) Smokey Joe Silver "Black"
(1) One-Touch Platinum "Blue"

The next day I joined. I made a lot of friends I would have never known over the years, agent every now and then some grills for other members, and got a few new grill guys to join over the years.

This is the line-up now.
(1) Summit 450 "Black"
(24) 22" Charcoal Grills
(12) 18" Charcoal Grills
(10) Smokey Joes
(1) One off brand "Miller High Life BBQ charcoal"

Not bragging at all, there are members that make my grills look like a starter kit. Just showing you how the site gets you pumped to cook more and acquire just a few more grills!

Now the problem is I loose track of what grills have food on them :) . If you are like the rest of us you line-up will change time to time, but the love for grilling, smoking, and making kickass food for friends and family will grow 10 fold!

A few rules you need to know if you say you cooked it and we don't see a picture... It never happened, Have fun, post whenever you can, HAVE Fun, If you want to post some of your favorite recipes... Post them, if you are working on the grill and get tired, mad of god forbid pissed... crack a beer of whatever you beverage and drink it,  and most important HAVE FUN! ;D

Again Welcome
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 12:22:38 PM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »
Welcome Bob. You’ll enjoy digging through this forum. There’s a ton of info here and a lot of helpful grillfella s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grrrillst

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 05:20:31 PM »
@Grrrillst   Welcome from Melrose Park, IL. When I found this site it was Friday April 10, 2015, I was looking for some new stuff to grill. I thought I had a great line-up and looking back I did. I had...
(1) Weber Genesis Silver B "Blue" Changed To Stainless
(1) Summit 450 "Black" Weber no longer had the Stainless or it would be also
(1) Smokey Joe "1970-1980 Black"
(1) Smokey Joe Silver "Black"
(1) One-Touch Platinum "Blue"

The next day I joined. I made a lot of friends I would have never known over the years, agent every now and then some grills for other members, and got a few new grill guys to join over the years.

This is the line-up now.
(1) Summit 450 "Black"
(24) 22" Charcoal Grills
(12) 18" Charcoal Grills
(10) Smokey Joes
(1) One off brand "Miller High Life BBQ charcoal"

Not bragging at all, there are members that make my grills look like a starter kit. Just showing you how the site gets you pumped to cook more and acquire just a few more grills!

Now the problem is I loose track of what grills have food on them :) . If you are like the rest of us you line-up will change time to time, but the love for grilling, smoking, and making kickass food for friends and family will grow 10 fold!

A few rules you need to know if you say you cooked it and we don't see a picture... It never happened, Have fun, post whenever you can, HAVE Fun, If you want to post some of your favorite recipes... Post them, if you are working on the grill and get tired, mad of god forbid pissed... crack a beer of whatever you beverage and drink it,  and most important HAVE FUN! ;D

Again Welcome

Good lord that's a lot of grills my friend! I will definitely share my cooks and post some of my favorite recipes!

Grrrillst

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »
Welcome Bob. You’ll enjoy digging through this forum. There’s a ton of info here and a lot of helpful grillfella s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been digging through this place and it's a gold mine.