Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I may need a two rivet handle  (Read 5935 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: I may need a two rivet handle
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »
G$, that 'Cado Caribbean looks happy happy happy from its bath and new handle. I love the dark wood against the avocado color. I'm having the same grate dilemma on my Warrior.

I must have gotten med and carib mixed up.  I thought the med was the 22 and now I can't find that catalog.

Typically, I actually prefer lightly stained oak with most colors, but I absolutely love the dark walnut with the avacado color. It goes together perfectly. Many thanks to Brian of course.

Truth-be-told, I had to reference the '73 catalog on my computer before my response to be sure that the 22 is the Caribbean.  ;D

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
I always like the dark walnut on the old kettles, it's original....looks perfect....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 07:42:49 PM »
Hey G$, what kind of hubcaps are those on your wheels? They appear smaller than the normal metal ones I've seen (at least to my eyes)

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »
Craig, I went to Ace to get 3/8" push caps while I was out running errands.   They looked like the originals I have seen. Well, when I went to put them on, they were too small, more like 1/4".  They must have been in the wrong bin at Ace.  That was annoying.

So then... I went to a different Ace closer to home and that one did not have what I will call the original style.  They had a thinner less substantial looking version which is what I bought and put on.  I still like them more than plastic caps but I agree they may be a little small.

These smaller ones are shaped like a boaters hat and have just two small tabs that keep them clipped to the axle rather than a star sort of pattern I am used to on both the plastic caps as well as the original metal ones.

Sorry for the long reply....

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »
They still look great! I think I've seen some of those on some of the other restores on here. Yeah  the Ace bins can get mixed up sometimes.

Whats really annoying is that black 3/8 plastic caps are non existent short of going through Weber....  ::)  Plenty of white ones though...

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »
They still look great! I think I've seen some of those on some of the other restores on here. Yeah  the Ace bins can get mixed up sometimes.

Whats really annoying is that black 3/8 plastic caps are non existent short of going through Weber....  ::)  Plenty of white ones though...

I think the ace by me had white, black and red in the plastic caps!  Not the right metal ones though.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »
Ive lucked out on the vintage metal ones. The one by me usually has them, the only black ones my Ace's have are the bigger or smaller size...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »

Ive lucked out on the vintage metal ones. The one by me usually has them, the only black ones my Ace's have are the bigger or smaller size...

This is absolutely a Weber conspiricy.....white, red...no problem....black...forget it.... >:(

Craig, I went to Ace to get 3/8" push caps while I was out running errands.   They looked like the originals I have seen. Well, when I went to put them on, they were too small, more like 1/4".  They must have been in the wrong bin at Ace.  That was annoying.

So then... I went to a different Ace closer to home and that one did not have what I will call the original style.  They had a thinner less substantial looking version which is what I bought and put on.  I still like them more than plastic caps but I agree they may be a little small.

These smaller ones are shaped like a boaters hat and have just two small tabs that keep them clipped to the axle rather than a star sort of pattern I am used to on both the plastic caps as well as the original metal ones.

It's OK.....Sunday, I turn 23 years sober.....early August, 58 years old & I futz & tweek over these damn hubcaps ALL THE TIME !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"