Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Older model One-touch cleaning system  (Read 5733 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Older model One-touch cleaning system
« on: June 03, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
Hey guys, I know this has been talked about quite a bit fairly recently, but I was wondering what (if any) is the difference between One-Touch Cleaning System #7409 and One-Touch Cleaning System #3617?  I've seen them both for sale on the infernets, and to my untrained eye, they appear to be the same thing...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Older model One-touch cleaning system
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »
They are basically the same and both are discontinued by Weber. There is still N.O.S. laying around, but unless you need the old design for an older Performer or old Master Touch, you might want to update to the newer style one touch.  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »
I find it odd that the newer style is not available in stores here where I live.  :-\

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 07:30:41 PM »

A) What is the #3617?

& B) the new "H" style continues to piss me off, for even more, new, improved reasons......the stainless is thinner & SOFT....it bends WAY eaiser than the old ones....be careful out there in Weber Land...... >:(

I find it odd that the newer style is not available in stores here where I live.  :-\

Scoop some up if you see them on sale at any point.....may be helpful in the future.......that's what I'm trying to do, but not finding much below list price.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »

Buy and save them! I just spent over $30 for two of the on Amazon. There is nothing around here local. I have went to at least 6 Ma and Pa Hardware stores, big box stores and nothing... >:(

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

Its a kit as opposed to just the 7409..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
I spent the afternoon buying up 3 of the old style at 3 different Ace Hardware's. All three locations were down to one on the peg hook.

Oh and I'm hording them for when I score either a Master Touch or an SS Performer.......ok its official, I've got issues.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:41:29 PM by Craig »

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 07:44:32 PM »

Its a kit as opposed to just the 7409..  8)

This is what I purchased on Amazon, they were down to three, Shipped Friday...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 07:57:44 PM »
I spent the afternoon buying up 3 of the old style at 3 different Ace Hardware's. All three locations were down to one on the peg hook.

Oh and I'm hording them for when I score either a Master Touch or an SS Performer.......ok its official, I've got issues.

I absolutely can't believe you're JUST NOW coming to grips with this.......

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »

I absolutely can't believe you're JUST NOW coming to grips with this.......

LOL!  ;D

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 08:18:50 PM »
Well.....my obsession has branched from just kettles....to parts searching. I've been experimenting with different things. I spend 20 minutes staring at the drawer full of thumbscrews in the fastener aisle at one of the Ace's today.....bought 2 different sizes on purpose.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »

Well.....my obsession has branched from just kettles....to parts searching. I've been experimenting with different things. I spend 20 minutes staring at the drawer full of thumbscrews in the fastener aisle at one of the Ace's today.....bought 2 different sizes on purpose.

Yeah, I got my $30 from MY FIRST EVER KETTLE SALE, EVER & went immediately to a hardware store I don't usually frequent looking for hubcaps......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 08:31:56 PM »

Yeah, I got my $30 from MY FIRST EVER KETTLE SALE, EVER & went immediately to a hardware store I don't usually frequent looking for hubcaps......

What gets me is that the stores here.....the only 3/8" hubcaps they have are in white. No black or red in that size. Now metal ones....that's another story, theres 3/8 all over the place.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 08:39:38 PM »

Yeah, that's what I'm finding also.....it's a Weber conspiricy I tell 'ya....white only.....but.....I'm gonna get me some fancy, hi-tech, for plastic only, outdoor, extra, super-duper, fancy spray paint from the Home Depot & fix that problem right up.......

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 07:45:01 AM »
Before I even use any grill in which I've put a NOS sweeper assembly in, I'll pitch that thumb screw and either install a 1/2 long stainless bolt, or even better perhaps, a 1/2 grade 8 bolt. Less chance it will break and you can put a socket wrench on it to loosen should it start to rust.