Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brick Red + Blue SJG  (Read 2149 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Brick Red + Blue SJG
« on: October 28, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »
I just picked up what was advertised as a used Crimson SJG for $25 Can. Earlier this week, my informer lets me know of this ad. asked me if I wanted it. I told him I already had a brand new one, so he should get it for himself as they were only offered here in Canada for a year or so.  Somewhat rare and rarely comes up for sale  I told him.

Anyways, Last night, I am looking thru. some ads. and thinking this is already gone by now.....  but the ad. is still up and decide to message the person. He still has it and I can pick it up.  :-\  Is this a luck or a curse.  :D  I don't like taken in same kettle but I figure I can pass it on to someone who can appreciate it like I did with my first Crimson sjg.

I think nothing of it when picking it up but at home looking it over... it does not look Crimson. I should know this color as I have a Crimson MT, Performer, and SJG.  I search Brick Red SJG and come across AT code Brick Red 604 has. Looks the same as his with the same code. My Crimson SJG has AH code.

So, my question to 604 or Mac. or others with these SJG. Do you have or seen the Canadian Crimson  other than AH  and Brick Red other than AT code?  I can't be 100% sure but what I picked up I think is a Brick Red SJG as the finish is more shiny.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:12:56 PM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Crimson vs Brick Red SJG
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:50:32 PM »
My new Crimson SJG on the left and the one I picked up thinking it was the Crimson SJG on the right.

I got lucky on this one. This has to be the Brick Red or burgundy/plum SJG. The Seller posted the ad. as a Crimson so I had no idea it was different.  Funny how things work out sometime.  :D

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
Sweet score greenweb! The brick red SJ is a hard one to find! Oddly enough I’ve had two and they were both also found here in Canada.... I’m wondering if they were a CAN special edition like the crimsons?

My date codes also match yours - AT and AH respectively
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
Sweet score greenweb! The brick red SJ is a hard one to find! Oddly enough I’ve had two and they were both also found here in Canada.... I’m wondering if they were a CAN special edition like the crimsons?

My date codes also match yours - AT and AH respectively

Thanks! You maybe right about this as I have not heard of any US members with one.  Matter of fact, you are the only one that I know of with this Brick Red SJG until I unexpectedly scored mine. This one I picked up is in perfect condition.  Good cleaning required but no marks or chips at all. Really happy with it.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 05:10:01 PM »
Cool looking Joes Greenweb[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 01:08:50 AM »

That is nice!
I prefer it over the crimson red.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Brick Red + Blue SJG
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 03:09:57 PM »
Brick Red last week and the Blue SJG picked up today.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
Blueatiful Brother. Love it.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 03:27:54 PM »
Awesome SJ pickups!  I should have a blue SJG coming my way in a few weeks as well!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Brick Red + Blue SJG
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
That blue SJG is beautiful! Nice photo.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 03:51:21 PM »
Don't see many blue SJG's! Where did you find that beauty? Logo? Congrats!

... If anyone else has an extra blue they need to get rid of I'm your man! ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
Thanks guys! Not shown on the pic, but the same logo SJG as this one. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/smokey-joe/msg1001/#msg1001   I am not even sure if non logo blue SJG exist.

Is this blue in the SJ Database?  Mine is a EI code.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »

Both the Brick Red last week, and the Logo blue found today in the heart of GTA. Both picked up cheap.  Surprisingly, both sellers were Weber guys with other cookers like performers and WSM.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 04:24:27 PM »

Both the Brick Red last week, and the Logo blue found today in the heart of GTA. Both picked up cheap.  Surprisingly, both sellers were Weber guys with other cookers like performers and WSM.

Kettle Karma Brother.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Brick Red + Blue SJG
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »
Thanks guys! Not shown on the pic, but the same logo SJG as this one. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/smokey-joe/msg1001/#msg1001   I am not even sure if non logo blue SJG exist.

Is this blue in the SJ Database?  Mine is a EI code.

@Jeff has a non logo SJG.  Mine is also supposedly non logo, although I haven't actually seen it in person, just some pictures.  Can't wait to actually get my hands on it!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:41:25 PM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!