Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need help replacing Performer bowl (model ID, parts)  (Read 641 times)

bdubya

• Happy Cooker
Need help replacing Performer bowl (model ID, parts)
« on: October 26, 2018, 06:37:16 AM »
Need help identifying the correct replacement bowl for a Performer grill that I bought secondhand around 2001. The original plastic table is long-gone (replaced with wood), so the only identifier I have is the DD stamp on the vent. One of the cooking grate supports has rusted through and fallen off, leaving me with a tippy cooking surface and a hole in the side of the bowl.

I've found a couple of different replacement bowls on-line that look right (at ereplacementparts), but don't know how to be sure which one would fit (or either, or both).  Any input I could get would be much appreciated.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Need help replacing Performer bowl (model ID, parts)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
Pretty much a bowl is a bowl is a bowl... the only difference is whether it had gas assist or not, but other than that, not much has changed...hope this makes sense, only on cup number 2 of coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 08:55:17 AM »
A bowl is a bowl is a bowl.....unless its a performer bowl which has the bracket to mount in the cart.  So long as the bowls you're looking at came from a performer you should be good to go.  You can add a bracket to a bowl that did not originally come from a performer if you wanted to but thats obviously a bit more work.
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

bdubya

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »
That's great news; thanks to both of you. I was concerned I would get a new bowl and find the bolt-holes were a half-inch off of where I needed them to be or something.  Will proceed full-steam, and when my wife pulls the cover off the grill on our anniversary, she'll be quite pleased.