Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weird one handle bowl??  (Read 2129 times)

jiveturkey1

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weird one handle bowl??
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »
The Legs are on wrong.  The Handle should be inline with the front foot.

Pull the legs and rotate until the foot is inline with the handle and reinstall.  All fixed!

Yep.. econo cooker.  I have a few just because ya just can't pass up a $5 weber kettle...
Thanks. That makes much more sense!! [emoji848]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jiveturkey1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
Really!?
It took until the 7th post for someone to yell CADDYWAMPUS!!
You guys are off your game!!! [emoji14]

I've got one just like it at home, though not near in that nice condition.
It's one of our favorite cookers.
That should have been obvious but I'm not very smart [emoji849]

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 04:24:49 AM »
Yellow's don't come along very often. Never seen one other than in pictures and never for sale in my local area. I have an ER code just like yours that has never been cooked on. That Yellow is awesome. Wish Weber would have made the Limited Edition kettles yellow instead of red. I guess yellow wasn't very popular back in the day, but given the fact it changes color hot makes the cadmium yellow the most unique kettle Weber has ever produced. 

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 07:01:19 AM »
Both my one touch ash system 18s are 1 handle bowls. Its an econo thing i kinda prefur them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 07:23:58 AM »
You are selling the yellow?

How much are you asking and where are you located? 

I may be interested in that yella fella...

PM me

Thanks!

Jeff
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Cellar2ful

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 07:36:02 AM »

PM me

Thanks

Jeff

He has it listed on Ebay (Buchanan, Michigan)

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/yellow-22-ebay/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 07:49:11 AM »
Daisy wheels are what you have on your bowl, you can control the air flow but must adjust each one individually. The one touch system allows you to control the air flow and clean the bowl with one touch of the handle on the bottom.
   Since you don't have a handle in the back adding a lid bale would be easy and making it look like a one touch plus. My mistake is I should have typed OT+ instead of OTP.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »
Only Master Touch and Performers (and Limited Editions) have bales. OTP has two handles. Had no problem cutting off the rear handle on my new copper OTP to add a lid bale. You can hang a lid with a hook on the bale which gets it out of the way nicely if you need full access. Hook catches on the warming grate however. Never have used the GBS (Gourmet Bbq System) grates that came with my Master Touch.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:26:21 PM by TD »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »
Only Master Touch and Performers (and Limited Editions) have bales. OTP has two handles. Had no problem cutting off the rear handle on my new copper OTP to add a lid bale. You can hang a lid with a hook on the bale which gets it out of the way nicely if you need full access. Hook catches on the warming grate however. Never have used the GBS (Gourmet Bbq System) grates that came with my Master Touch.

Add One Touch Plus to the list of kettles with lid bales. It was the predecessor to the Master Touch

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

jiveturkey1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:06 PM »
Yellow's don't come along very often. Never seen one other than in pictures and never for sale in my local area. I have an ER code just like yours that has never been cooked on. That Yellow is awesome. Wish Weber would have made the Limited Edition kettles yellow instead of red. I guess yellow wasn't very popular back in the day, but given the fact it changes color hot makes the cadmium yellow the most unique kettle Weber has ever produced.
Thanks TD. I'm definitely having second thoughts about selling it [emoji848]

jiveturkey1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »
Both my one touch ash system 18s are 1 handle bowls. Its an econo thing i kinda prefur them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
It just threw me for a loop because it's oriented wrong. I kinda like the idea of being able to pick it up and carry it with two handles though

jiveturkey1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »

PM me

Thanks!

Jeff
It's on eBay. I'm asking a LOT [emoji849]
Having second thoughts though...

jiveturkey1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 06:08:00 PM »
Daisy wheels are what you have on your bowl, you can control the air flow but must adjust each one individually. The one touch system allows you to control the air flow and clean the bowl with one touch of the handle on the bottom.
   Since you don't have a handle in the back adding a lid bale would be easy and making it look like a one touch plus. My mistake is I should have typed OT+ instead of OTP.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Thanks. One touch seems a lot easier. I like the idea of the daisy wheels too though. Seems like you can get good control with them. I shut two down completely and left the third one open on my first slow cook. Fine tuned the top
Lid bail sounds like a great idea [emoji848]

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2018, 05:20:05 AM »

Add One Touch Plus to the list of kettles with lid bales. It was the predecessor to the Master Touch

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Learn something new every day. I only got into kettles during the gold and silver era.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:22:00 AM by TD »

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2018, 06:13:25 AM »
Second guessing..... it’s starting already. Soon enough your gonna have 2...3...4...5 and then friends and family ask questions like. Why do you need so many grills? Maybe you would have garage space if you sold a couple grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club