Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 8 Hour Giardinier Brine Pork Chops With Mango Pepper Relish On the CGA  (Read 829 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I decided to try brining pork chops to see if I could get similar results. Growing up Sicilian we always had Giardiniera on the table and I love it. So I figured brine is generally made up of salt, water and such,  so why not try a brine consisting of the juice from the Giardiniera jar.

Put the thick cut pork chops in a gallon zip lock bag and filled it with the Giardiniera brine and kept it refrigerated for eight hours.

Took out three of the pork chops, patted them dry with a paper towel and then coated with EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and a little rosemary.

Grilled over medium/high heat covered on the Weber Go Anywhere til 145° internal. Took them off to rest for five minutes smeared on the Mango Pepper Jelly and cut in.

JUICY!

So juicy. So flavourful. Victory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7i16JCoTGU
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:47:31 AM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
@captjoe06 those look awesome, Tami has used the same thing for a brine as well, the stuff is awesome
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Okay stop it! I need to go to work now, but the only thing I can think of is HOW SOON CAN I GET DONE so I can make this! Thanks for the post it looks great!
@captjoe06
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Okay stop it! I need to go to work now, but the only thing I can think of is HOW SOON CAN I GET DONE so I can make this! Thanks for the post it looks great!
@captjoe06
Thanks kids [emoji16] @jebiv

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM