Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS GBS grate at True Value  (Read 1620 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
SS GBS grate at True Value
« on: April 18, 2018, 09:28:08 AM »
Not your ideal way of buying a grill grate, but sometimes you just don't have much choice. For some reason my neighborhood store doesn't carry it, but a store 6700 miles away does.  Somehow  it is available all over Asia but  not in weber's  own  backyard. Fortunately a friend of mine on vacation just picked up  3 sets for me.  Not cheap either at $120 + tax.  Oh well, probably have to eat only once a day for the next month.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: SS GBS grate at True Value
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:31:44 AM »
Whoa all the way from the Philippines! The $ hurts but I'm sure they will last a very long time.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 09:50:55 AM »
Yeah i have cast iron and steel grates but rarely use it as i prefer ss for its low maintenance and also for my aversion of rust. Although very cheap, i got tired  of replacing the plated gbs grates every few months. Currently all my charcoal grates are also ss.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »
You are going to love those.. I have my SS GBS now for 3 or 4 years now and they are fantastic!
Was that $120 each or for the set?

Edit.. I suck at spelling :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 10:09:23 AM »
You are going to love those.. I have my SS GBS now for 3 or 4 years now and they are fantastic!
Was that $120 each or for the set?

Edit.. I suck at spelling :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
$120 each.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
$120 U.S. Dollars = $6251.64 Philippine Pesos, at the current rate of $52.03 PHP to $1 USD. Which is indeed rather expensive in the Philippines to buy the Weber SS GBS grate.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »
$120 U.S. Dollars = $6251.64 Philippine Pesos, at the current rate of $52.03 PHP to $1 USD. Which is indeed rather expensive in the Philippines to buy the Weber SS GBS grate.
It's pricey out there. A performer deluxe sells up to $2000 considering the average monthly income of less than $500.
Check these prices out.

https://iprice.ph/search/?term=Weber+performer+deluxe+

https://www.google.com/amp/s/iprice.ph/weber/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:16:44 AM by Jules V. »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:12 AM »
Nice! That's a good friend

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:20:24 AM »
If your friend is balikbayan, they did you a HUGE favor because they usually stuff their suitcases with things to bring to the Philippines for family & friends and then stuff them with local foods & stuff to bring back for themselves.

They were so well known for stuffing suitcases that almost all airlines included two 70lbs (instead of the standard 50lbs) checked baggage with the price of a plane ticket to or from there back when checked luggage was included with your fare.
regards,
Hal

oldivers

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:30:10 AM »
They are also available in some European countries as well.  At one point, Weber was selling them here.  There are some older posts from people who actually bought them from Weber USA.  They are probably sitting in their warehouse here in the USA which makes it super frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:13:40 AM by oldivers »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
If your friend is balikbayan, they did you a HUGE favor because they usually stuff their suitcases with things to bring to the Philippines for family & friends and then stuff them with local foods & stuff to bring back for themselves.

They were so well known for stuffing suitcases that almost all airlines included two 70lbs (instead of the standard 50lbs) checked baggage with the price of a plane ticket to or from there back when checked luggage was included with your fare.
You sure are a lot more versed than me when it comes to balikbayans.  I'm assuming you've been  a part of it in some capacity. Only been there once in 3 7yrs and that was 10 yrs ago. The typical  balikbayan usually have to take home cases of spam, soap, toothpaste, instant coffee etc...and brings back god knows what. He visits there 3-4 times a year and more of a one-suitcase kind a person. Also he's only placing the 3 center grates in his luggage as i told him to wear the outer rings on his neck and just claim it as a tribal jewelry [emoji3].
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:18:48 PM by Jules V. »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 06:14:16 PM »
You sure are a lot more versed than me when it comes to balikbayans.  I'm assuming you've been  a part of it in some capacity. Only been there once in 3 7yrs and that was 10 yrs ago. The typical  balikbayan usually have to take home cases of spam, soap, toothpaste, instant coffee etc...and brings back god knows what. He visits there 3-4 times a year and more of a one-suitcase kind a person. Also he's only placing the 3 center grates in his luggage as i told him to wear the outer rings on his neck and just claim it as a tribal jewelry [emoji3].

My ex-wife was a Filipino nurse (which they are very famous for exporting to the US & Europe) and we wound up visiting her relatives a number of times. 
regards,
Hal

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 07:24:57 PM »

You sure are a lot more versed than me when it comes to balikbayans.  I'm assuming you've been  a part of it in some capacity. Only been there once in 3 7yrs and that was 10 yrs ago. The typical  balikbayan usually have to take home cases of spam, soap, toothpaste, instant coffee etc...and brings back god knows what.  [emoji3].

I’m Filipino and this is real talk. There’s also that random ass cousin that asks for Steph Curry jerseys and Jordan’s.  ::)

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 08:10:07 PM »
...And, don't forget the LBC & Forex balikbayan boxes filled with goodies, shipped out 3-4 mos. in advanced, so it can arrive in the Philippines before you take a vacation there!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
...And, don't forget the LBC & Forex balikbayan boxes filled with goodies, shipped out 3-4 mos. in advanced, so it can arrive in the Philippines before you take a vacation there!

Don’t forget the three months it takes to shop for, wait for the (pre-internet) collect phonecalls for people to tell you what they want, and to pack the damn things. Also balancing the stupid box on three soup cans so you can read the scale while the box is elevated. And you have to do it multiple times because there’s too much or too large shit that needs to be reorganized. Then having to duct tape and hog tie the damn box with rope so it doesn’t fall apart in transit. My childhood.