Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Orange and Black Speckled Weber Bros 18 (pic heavy)  (Read 14648 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Orange and Black Speckled Weber Bros 18 (pic heavy)
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »
I just keep going back to look at it. Gives me wood every time...  8)

I brought up the idea of profile picture albums in the Suggestions section. This is the perfect example of what one could show off in his or her profile. Its always there, and can be found easily whenever.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48:29 AM »
I just keep going back to look at it. Gives me wood every time...  8)

I brought up the idea of profile picture albums in the Suggestions section. This is the perfect example of what one could show off in his or her profile. Its always there, and can be found easily whenever.

It certainly is calendar and profile worthy. That beauty is one of a kind!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2018, 06:18:10 PM »
Thank you.  It's always nice to know when someone other than myself is amused.  I just couldn't resist saying it after thinking it.

OK! That comment made me laugh out loud!
regards,
Hal

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
OMG!!  That is gorgeous!!!!
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Cellar2ful

« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »
@saxart

Well, another one has surfaced.  Not as heavily speckled with red as yours. This photo was posted today on the Facebook site Weber Kettle Fans.  The person said his friends mother got it for free and it is currently sitting in a campsite. 

Here is a link to the post on Facebook:        https://www.facebook.com/groups/weberkettlefans/permalink/891949371003208/

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:11:51 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »
@saxart

Well, another one has surfaced.  Not as heavily speckled with red as yours. This photo was posted today on the Facebook site Weber Kettle Fans.  The person said his friends mother got it for free and it is currently sitting in a campsite. 

She will be sitting in a 5 star hotel drinking champagne cocktails if a collector finds her, just checked my bank account and it won't be me
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2018, 12:55:25 PM »
Oh wow.. another one.. what a find! I can imagine there will be a lot of people trying to secure that custom...
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »
@Cellar2ful

Thanks for posting this.  I'm so happy to see another one of these surface.   Funny how this one was in Northern Wisc, and the one I have came from North Central Minn.  Probably less than a 2-hour drive from each other.  I wonder if this part of the country was a test area or something?

On a side note, when mine surfaced someone had said that it was probably a "Traveler" so I had set it up incorrectly (it didn't come with legs or a triangle) with wheels and a triangle pan.  They also said that because of it's age I should have painted the wheels white rather than red.  I guess this grill puts those thoughts to bed.   8)
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »
That's great that you've got a solid answer on what yours was supposed to look like and even better that you got it right!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:25:43 PM by ABROB »

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2018, 06:09:06 AM »
Actually the very early Customs were indeed Travelers in two different sizes. Nice to learn new things huh?  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:11:54 AM by harris92 »

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »
Harris-
Thanks for replying.  The kettle you pictured has some very UNIQUE looking bowl handles.  Because of that I'm thinking it's possibly a pre-production kettle?  (That would also explain the "traveler" legs as it's an easy way to make it look complete.)  Or with those handles is it possible that maybe it's a 22"??

I guess I'm more inclined to trust a photo of a real "in the flesh" grill than a pic of what looks like a pre-production unit, but that's just me.

Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »
I'm pretty certain the one with the legs is nothing really special as my dad has two like them up in the attic from his days as a salesman.  Last time I looked at them, they didn't even say Weber anywhere on them.  Just some really nice somewhat knockoffs.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:12:09 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »
I thought my mailbox would have blown up within minutes, but 20 minutes went by without a peep.
Sorry, I just couldn't resist seeing if anyone would believe it.

I'm pretty certain the one with the legs is nothing really special as my dad has two like them up in the attic from his days as a salesman.  Last time I looked at them, they didn't even say Weber anywhere on them.  Just some really nice somewhat knockoffs.
regards,
Hal

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2018, 08:34:50 AM »
@saxart such a cool and unique looking kettle!  Congrats on the find.