Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wanted to thank a couple people on here.  (Read 1321 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Wanted to thank a couple people on here.
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »
I always like Webers, even as a small child.  Basically, they were the well-built grill to have that lasted for a long time.

In any event, I've gotten some really decent information on here.  Saw some interesting mods that I want to try myself and have had people kindly answer various questions I've had when reading through other's threads.  Also have had some really nice PMs that were informative, had a couple nice phone conversations with another Weber aficionado about a possible trade and other things, commiserated with another when we had both (unknowingly) been after the same Seville that someone else snaked (hopefully a non-member), and whatnot.  In other words, I'd have to carefully scroll through threads, re-read pms, & do a LOT of work in order to thank ALL those that I owe some thanks to.

However, I wanted to say that a short time ago, @Jules V. very kindly shipped me a couple of SSP tool hooks, the smaller wheel set, & some black endcaps after I mentioned in a thread that the red SSP I bought was in great condition, but had some tiny issues with these items. 

I also wanted to say that @Travis & I had agreed to a trade right before the holiday, but he wanted to deal with it afterwards.  When I contacted him afterwards, he decided that he probably wouldn't really wind up using the item that I was trading so I should just keep it, but also he really doesn't use his corn n' tater ring anyway (which was what I was seeking), so he was just going to ship it to me anyway.  I just received it a couple days ago.

So, I wanted to say thank you to everyone here.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I'd really like one of them cool looking black kettles with the little flecks of other colors on it, or a meat cut one, a Seville, or something else super cool.  It's not even for me, it's really more for my little baby girl who is only 17 months old & enjoys seeing her 50 yo daddy doing Elmo's happy dance.  My address is:.......well...one can always dream. 

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:39:04 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Wanted to thank a couple people on here.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »
You're very welcome!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
And this is what separates our club from all the others...[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »

Very true!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »
There are some amazing people here.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »

Very true!!
Yup

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
There are some amazing people here.

+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:37 PM »
I agree that there are some super amazing people. My first encounter with @Jules V.

I am planning a 22 midget and was in need of 8 inch wheels and also Ash Bucket- Contacted @Jules V. and He responded yes I can help.

"How much I need to send Jules?"

"Don't worry about that - Send me your address and it will be there? " and its here already :) 

So yes this is best of best club with some super amazing people. Made few friends and learned some cooking and life changing mantra "Pay it Forward".
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:40:09 PM by chiku18 »
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 05:00:56 PM »
I too asked Jules about an ash bucket after seeing his post with the pile of parts for sale. I offered to pay for shipping and was told the same thing. Don't worry about it.  Just pay it forward. The ash bucket that I received today is going on the gen2 performer that I am currently working on. It is the nicest looking ash can in my collection. I will post up some pictures when I am finished with the restore.

Thank you again Jules [emoji482]

And +1 on this being the best club around. I have said it before and I will say it again.

I absolutely love this club, the people here are the best.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 02:58:53 AM »
This is definitely a cool place. A bunch of grate folks here! Glad I got hooked up here... 8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »
+4

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club