Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime green SJ  (Read 1791 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Lime green SJ
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »
Thanks to @MacEggs for the heads up on this line green Smokey Joe!  It was located about three quarters of the way between home and my parents place, so I was able to pick it up last weekend on my way to dinner!  Now for the debate about whether to leave it in its box or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Lime green SJ
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:37:46 PM »
Use it! They are fairly common.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Lime green SJ
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
I would take it out and display it. I’ve never seen one in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 03:35:28 AM »
Thanks to @MacEggs for the heads up on this line green Smokey Joe!  It was located about three quarters of the way between home and my parents place, so I was able to pick it up last weekend on my way to dinner!  Now for the debate about whether to leave it in its box or not...

Kinda hard to cook on it still in the box...  8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:08:16 AM »
If it's unopened NIB, you might want to open it up to inspect it, just to make sure there's no issues such as missing porcelain(chips) on the lid and bowl, legs and hardware are all included, etc., register the grill with Weber then

fire it up for its inaugural cook. If it's a used open box, you still might want to make sure everything is there if you ever decide to sell it. If you want to leave it in the box? It's totally up to you, it's your grill, you paid for it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:10:55 AM by RRRanger99 »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 06:24:54 AM »

If it's unopened NIB, you might want to open it up to inspect it, just to make sure there's no issues such as missing porcelain(chips) on the lid and bowl, legs and hardware are all included, etc., register the grill with Weber then

fire it up for its inaugural cook. If it's a used open box, you still might want to make sure everything is there if you ever decide to sell it. If you want to leave it in the box? It's totally up to you, it's your grill, you paid for it.

This. I got one NIB and there was a chip on the lid rim. I never considered registering it but now I will!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »
I think I have one of those buried in the Weber room!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
Now for the debate about whether to leave it in its box or not...

You're kidding, right ?!?!!??  Put it together and look at it.
I see a few others who keep stuff in boxes …. @Lemons comes to mind.

No need to cook on it, as cooking on an SJ sucks, unless you go camping or to the beach alot.
Get yourself an 18" kettle for small cooks at home.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 03:05:39 PM »
I agree about assembly to see it but cooking on an SJ Gold doesnt suck. Great little steak cookers and small batch cookers.

And yes, everyone should own at least one 18” Kettle. Mine are all gone except my Outrider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 06:03:29 PM »
I'll probably set it up as a display piece on my next days off...if I get to have days off...work has been insane lately...

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 02:03:08 AM »
I agree about assembly to see it but cooking on an SJ Gold doesnt suck. Great little steak cookers and small batch cookers.

I agree, I use mine frequently down the dock when just cooking a steak for myself and a couple of ABTs.  Cheap on fuel and gets a nice sear.  I like the ones with the vents on the bottom more than the side.  I seem to be able to get hotter temps (maybe I'm imagining things)

In any case I really like mine.   Two Limes, One Blue Bud Light, One Grey, One Black Logo, One Black Modded With Vent Knobs and A Couple More Black Ones I Plan To Mod Out For Friends.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 08:21:20 AM »
Congrats!  I love my lime SJ.  Its great for simple cooks.