Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Battle of the Kettle Grills - Weber vs Sam's Club (Members Mark)  (Read 6914 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
I don't know of you all can stomach this "review"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnkuR9g8cw
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Battle of the Kettle Grills - Weber vs Sam's Club (Members Mark)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
Yep couldn’t do it. I skipped through it a little bit but couldn’t watch the video straight through.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »
I've never had a problem getting the grill to 300 after opening the lid.....not sure what this dude's issue was...and his idea of a perfectly cooked burger differs from mine...

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:23:39 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
Made it to 3:11 and was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 12:07:05 AM »
I've seen a few of this guy's videos. So I watched the entire video. I already had an opinion of his work. This video did not change that opinion.

He is not a cook. Of any sort. And he is not an expert. At anything in his videos. He is just some dude with cameras. Move along, nothing to see here. Lotta good stuff on Youtube, but this ain't it.

And I suspect that he used lighter fluid.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 12:16:41 AM »
🤦🏼‍♂️  I tried to watch as long as I could... he lost me when he kicks the kettles to  see how stable they are.. WTF ?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 04:40:49 AM »
Lol he made this video to talk shit about weber.... this lid just hooks to the back like this.... "and this one is kind of a funky design they have a wire around the back and you supposed to kinda just slide it back into it. I kinda like it up higher but I donno I'm confused " like he was hoping the master touch was a over priced pos and found something cool and was mad at himself for liking it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
Dude is a total clown and a shill for anything that will sponsor him.  I have watched some of his other videos and simply can stomach is amateur approach to food.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »
What an idiot. I forwarded to the part he was cooking. He knocks the weber for not cooking hot enough when in reality it’s more air tight than the generic rig. He snuffed the coals by having the top vent cracked which is what you would expect. If the generic one still cooked hot with the top vent cracked then it leaks too much around the lid hence all the smoke he commented on. He couldn’t recover by opening the vents on the weber because he had already killed the coals and it would take quite awhile to recover while leaving the lid on even with vents open. I can’t believe I’m wasting time on this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 10:28:10 AM »
....and yes the ash bucket, I don't like the new design over the older but COMON, did you see how hard it was for him. 

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
I only watched a few min here and there but that was painful :o
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 08:52:47 AM »
They guy complains about how the Weber wobbles, but if you stop the video at 4:10, you will see how the detent for the leg is not protruding through the leg socket. Not that this would make a big difference, but at least it should be assembled correctly if you’re going to make a comparison!

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 01:04:45 PM »
Not familiar with the dude or his videos, but is he serious?
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

DJTOBY

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 05:13:17 PM »
...sadly he is serious 'JDann24'. I had to skip to certain parts for the humor (the kick of the weber, for instance). First, I'm surprised that Weber hadn't reviewed the Members Mark (Sam's Club) product for potential patent violations. The mere fact that the product closely resembles the Weber Kettle with One Touch system is a shocker.

As for the video...wow. I have to admit that before I purchased my Weber, I didn't understand the hype from such an old design until I began looking further into it. Boy was I wrong about the Weber Kettle. It's an old design because it works! As other members have mentioned on this forum "If it works, why change it". Thats the Weber Kettle for you. Weber has only added minor things to the kettle since they began producing the kettle (e.g. adding the one touch, a side table). Weber is the way to go!

Tionoel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »
this guy cant handle a grill if it hit him in the face....he lost me when he said he could not get the weber past 200 degrees....lol...really? well maybe that had a little to do with how had the vents set from the go....anyways...nothing to see here. In other news...if you have a mosquito problem buy that Members Mark grill...it sure smoke the hell around from the lid....i wonder why? lmbo