Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What model Weber Q.......  (Read 2778 times)

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
What model Weber Q.......
« on: December 12, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »
Anyone know what model this is just by looking at it? I've been on a Weber frenzy lately.

[attachment deleted by admin]

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What model Weber Q.......
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:43:24 PM »
Does the 1xx-series fit on that table? I wanna say no. And there aren't two gas knobs, so that leaves the 2-series.

So I'm guessing Q200 or maybe Q220, only because I can't remember when they switched to electronic starters.

So did you get it, or are just needlessly procrastinating??
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »
Q200. The 100 series fits in the smaller leg slots on this cart, this grills legs fit in the wider ones.  The Q220 has electronic starter and a thermometer.  And the newer Q2000 series have a silver Weber logo on the frame.  Definitely the Q200

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 05:02:54 AM »
Going to pick it up tomorrow. Any trouble parts I need to look for. From quick searches it looks like the q200 isn't the most desirable q series. 

Looking at this one also just don't like the fact it has a bigger foot print.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:05:47 AM by Hinds90 »

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 05:36:25 AM »
They say each size is 30% larger than the next. The 200 and 100 both have 1 burner that is easily replaceable also they are both portable where the 300 is fixed on the cart and has 2 burners. The 100/1000 is my go to for camping and portability. The 220 is noticeably heavier and usually sits on my deck with a large propane tank attached and I only take it when I need more cooking area like grilling hotdogs for a party. I have used the 200 and 220 I have no problem with either.

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 05:45:23 AM »
Problems to look for is corrosion on the grate.  Faulty regulator. Or corroded burner that is either stopped up or enlarged where the jets have corroded on the  burner allowing the flame to get larger than it should be.   That’s the only 3 wear items that I can see needing replaced.   I need to replace the burner every 2-3 years on mine.  Still going strong on the grate and regulator and valve.   I have seen the regulator removed if faulty and replaced with a hose with the regulator at the tank end.  This is a much cheaper repair but you loose the ability to use the Coleman bottles as the tank hose is a permanent part of the grill. 

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »
I've had the 100 (kinda small, but cooks well), the 200 with 2 folding shelves - very heavy and bulky, and the 300 on the permanent cart.  On the 100 & 200, the older ones were built to be used with the skinny propane bottles only.  You have to remove the skinny bottle support ring (not a big deal) to work with the more stubby bottles, which are more readily available.  Personally, I never did care for the cast iron grates.  I found them to alway be difficult to clean, but you have no choices of grates with these models.  Additionally, I absolutely HATED the folding table/cart that the red unit pictured above is on.  It folds up, but unless you tie it up with a bungee cord, it will flop open with the slightest touch.  Just an absolutely TERRIBLE design on the table.  All these grills cook fairly well.  For me the 100 and 300 were better cookers than my 200.  If you're considering getting a 200 for camping or portability, I think you're better off getting two of the 100's, which will take up about as much space, but be far less aggravating to move around.  DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THAT CRAPPY FOLDING CART.  I pretty much hated my 200 because it was like moving a huge concrete block. 
18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 05:37:53 PM »
Both those sellers flaked on me but I found another one. Really wanted the red one for the cart even if it was flimsy. Got this one with the tank adapter and a tank for 50$. A good cleaning on the inside and seasoning of the grate and I'll be cooking.

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »
Anything on it that would let me know the exact model?

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
What model Weber Q.......
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »
Check the sticker on the back of the frame.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:47:05 PM by Seth1025 »

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 04:36:56 PM »
Not sure if my grate has a porcelain coating or not but since I had a little rust. Should I season it.

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »
I believe all the grates had porcelain when new.  Over time, it will wear or chip off exposing the bare cast iron, which will rust.  Good news is that is that you can clean the rust off and then keep it seasoned with PAM.  A couple of my Q's had some rust on the grates and I would use the grill brush to scrape as much rust off as I could.  I would then wipe it down with a rag dipped in vegetable oil a few times until it started coming "clean".  After that, spray then entire grate with PAM, fire it up and let it get nice an hot for awhile.  Then shut it down and it will be ready to use next time.  After the next cook, clean the grate and PAM it again before you put it away.  Enjoy!
18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Cleaned up pretty good but scrubbing that top lid wore my hand out. I did have a issue with the ignitor not lighting the burner but just used a lighter. It would have e got to 500 no problem but I didn't want to waist anymore propane.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:42:52 AM by Hinds90 »

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 11:41:26 AM »
Double post

Hinds90

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 05:47:22 PM »
I really enjoy smoking meat using charcoal but through the week this little guy will get plenty of use.