Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has any one attempted to make their own slow and sear?  (Read 1956 times)

kingforce

• Smokey Joe
Has any one attempted to make their own slow and sear?
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:29:21 PM »
If so can you post some pics. I’m a lil curious to see how it came out?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

randy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Has any one attempted to make their own slow and sear?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

kingforce

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:09:39 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

That’s looks awesome what where your measurements and how did it fit in your grill?

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
 I also made one. Its in the link below. Unfortumately because of photobuckets 3rd party hosting rules, the pictures are not there anymore. I will try to find them on my computer and get then for you, but it is prety much the same as Randy's. I just took some measurements from the kettle and inserted them into an online cone calculator, made a template, transfered the template to the stainless sheet, cut it out with my angle grinder and welded it up. I made it with the water resovoir also but I never use it. The temps stay rock steady on my master touch. I have done piles of cooks with it and havent needed to use the resovoir at all. In my opinion it's a waste of time building the resovoir, but thats just my opinion.  Its the best thing I have made for grilling. It's definately not the poor mans version that I mentioned in the first post in the link. It's more of a heavey duty version and will outlast me and my kettle.
Like I said, there are no images in the link but I go through the testing of it in the link below.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/happy-at-last/msg291150/#msg291150

Heres the cone calculator I used
http://craig-russell.co.uk/demos/cone_calculator/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:35:27 PM by WMT »

kingforce

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:02:32 PM »

I also made one. Its in the link below. Unfortumately because of photobuckets 3rd party hosting rules, the pictures are not there anymore. I will try to find them on my computer and get then for you, but it is prety much the same as Randy's. I just took some measurements from the kettle and inserted them into an online cone calculator, made a template, transfered the template to the stainless sheet, cut it out with my angle grinder and welded it up. I made it with the water resovoir also but I never use it. The temps stay rock steady on my master touch. I have done piles of cooks with it and havent needed to use the resovoir at all. In my opinion it's a waste of time building the resovoir, but thats just my opinion.  Its the best thing I have made for grilling. It's definately not the poor mans version that I mentioned in the first post in the link. It's more of a heavey duty version and will outlast me and my kettle.
Like I said, there are no images in the link but I go through the testing of it in the link below.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/happy-at-last/msg291150/#msg291150

Heres the cone calculator I used
http://craig-russell.co.uk/demos/cone_calculator/

Thanks for sharing I want to try an make my own. So yeah let me know if u find your old pic it will help a lot

webbr23

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »
Another good cone calculation site that also creates a template is at http://www.templatemaker.nl/index.php?template=cone&lang=en

Perfect for a Vortex clone plan.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
Another good cone calculation site that also creates a template is at http://www.templatemaker.nl/index.php?template=cone&lang=en

Perfect for a Vortex clone plan.

Thats a good one.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »
Here are the pictures that I promised. Like I mentioned before, It is very similar to Randy's. It is a bit bigger than the actual SnS. Here is the vortex that I built buy cutting the bottom out of a stainless bowl. The credit for the vortex goes to some one on this site but I cant remember who. I just copied it and it works great. cost me $3. Gotta like that.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:35:16 PM by WMT »

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
opps sorry for the double post on the SnS pictures. I'm new to this.

WildonionAB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 09:55:56 AM »
Made mine out of regular steel.  Lol way cheaper than stainless. It's a little wider than adrenalines SnS but works so good!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

kingforce

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »

Made mine out of regular steel.  Lol way cheaper than stainless. It's a little wider than adrenalines SnS but works so good!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It looks awesome bro and as long as it works that what matters