Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It’s cold and dark  (Read 1216 times)

randy

• WKC Ranger
It’s cold and dark
« on: December 11, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
Time to grill some cheddar bacon brats

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: It’s cold and dark
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:44:10 PM »
I actually like grilling and smoking in the cold. My cookers seem to run more efficiently.  I just hate the cold!

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
Yep.  Winter is here.  I was grilling at 10 degrees out on Friday.  -5 out when I woke up on Saturday.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:41:29 PM »
I like grilling in the cold as well.  The hardest part for me is getting the food off the grill and into the house before it cools off.  The cold zaps the heat out of the thin cuts quickly once it leaves the grill.

When it's 90 out you can pull some food and let it sit for a minute or 2 while something else finishes.  Not so much when it's cold out.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:43:35 PM by HoosierKettle »

neatsurfer55

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:17:56 AM »
Haven't tried grilling in the cold. It looks fun! Keeping the food warm seems like a challenge.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 04:25:06 AM »
I like grilling in the cold as well.  The hardest part for me is getting the food off the grill and into the house before it cools off.  The cold zaps the heat out of the thin cuts quickly once it leaves the grill.

When it's 90 out you can pull some food and let it sit for a minute or 2 while something else finishes.  Not so much when it's cold out.
We don't get that cold here but cold enough. i line a cast iron skillet with aluminum foil keep it warm on the grill or if I don't have room warm it in the oven and use it for food transport it helps
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 05:55:56 AM »
I usually do proteins outside and let Mama work out the rest in the kitchen when it's really cold.