Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Choice  (Read 3750 times)

rookie81

• Smokey Joe
Choice
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:30:41 AM »
Hey guys if u had a choice to keep the 22 kettle or a Weber performer. I already have the kettle but my aunt in law offered me performer. Don't think the wife will let me have both... Thoughts????

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
Re: Choice
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »
Both

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 06:40:39 AM »
Need more info... what years and colors?

If they are both black relatively new kettles, I'd keep the performer. The prep space of the table is always nice to have.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:47:17 AM »
Have your wife help you load the grill into the truck at the aunt's house. Leave the tail gate down and get in...tell her to go close it...wait for the slam...floor it...her aunt will take good care of her.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:52:25 AM »
Have your wife help you load the grill into the truck at the aunt's house. Leave the tail gate down and get in...tell her to go close it...wait for the slam...floor it...her aunt will take good care of her.

LMAO

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:37 AM »
Depends on what you value.  At one point I really wanted a Performer, more for the work table than the gas assist.  But after buying the BBQ Dragon side table for my kettle my interest in acquiring a performer dropped.  I like the relatively small footprint and "sleekness" of the standard kettle compared to the performer and the small side table is enough to satisfy my needs for a little workspace.  That being said I'd still probably jump all over a Performer if it was a really good deal and an interesting color. 

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 06:56:48 AM »
good one hellfire , i would keep both and deal with the aftermath .

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:52 AM »
More kettles means more places to set down hot items like chimneys, or food.

There's this common assumption that a kettle not immediately cooking food "isn't used."

If you had like a dozen or whatever, I could better understand where the missus is coming from. But two? TWO?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »

Your killing me...............................(lol)
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 08:33:19 AM »
Get the performer, sell the kettle...I love my entire collection, but if I was forced down to one, it would be the performer.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

bigssa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 09:03:42 AM »
Get the performer, sell the kettle...I love my entire collection, but if I was forced down to one, it would be the performer.
+1

The work table is so convenient.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »
I have dueling performers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:55 AM »
Both.  The more the better!  The wife will still love you. 
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 09:23:14 AM »
Keep both and use them to cook her an awesome meal. Then it won’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.