Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: whatchu cooking on for turkey day?  (Read 8508 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
whatchu cooking on for turkey day?
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
I am breaking in the new Red with a roto cook, spinning a 13 lbs bird.

I kind of feel like I am sinning because I am going to use the summit to bake some sides like mac and cheese and baked cauliflower and broccoli.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: whatchu cooking on for turkey day?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
I'll be working.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »
Prolly using the ‘99 redhead to do a turkey breast on Friday. I can’t decide between pecan or peach for the smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:32 PM »
Spinning on The Yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:58 PM »
22 pounds

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
Spatchcocking a 22 pounder on the 73' Fleetwood using Marty's bigger better basket. Weber coals with some cherry or apple chunks. Following the Meathead book using the Simon and Garfunkel rub.

It's on 😎
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:22:54 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
Goose on the 'roti
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 07:55:15 PM »
The first Weber that I ever bought new in 2005. 22 OTG that I leave up at my Pops house. It gets Thanksgiving and Christmas duties every year. Bringing up the rotisserie tomorrow.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
I’m stuffing mushrooms and maybe extremely locally sourced deviled eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
Should be 8 total people here, with varying preferences.

13lbs turkey + 6.25lb duck, both on the spit. Just reading the package, the duck takes higher temp but shorter time. I don't really care. But I may have to remove one bird while the other finishes. I'd rather deal with that, than spatchcock either and set up a second machine.

Oh and I'm doing about 3-4lbs Pepper Stout Beef on another 22. So that's gonna be started first, in the morning, if I ever close the lid on this laptop tonight. Birds are in the fridge on racks, seasoned.

Sides and desserts have been handed off to others, although I may also grill some whole carrots with a cinnamon-honey glaze thing. We should have potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread, a cranberry thing or two, pumpkin pie. Mother-in-law is "off duty" this year but was asked to do her rice 'n beans. I haven't heard of anyone doing any freakin' greens, but hope to be surprised.

My skinny teen is a carb addict; he wants to make a specialty of his, "crack bread." As in, tastes so good it's like crack? You get sourdough or Italian and cut it open and lard the damn thing up with garlic, butter, mozzarella and bake a few minutes.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:16:58 PM »
Bone in ham on the grill, wife is doing the turkey in the oven. I’ll do asparagus, mashed taters, shrimp, and extra tray of sausage stuffing on the grills.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 04:46:31 AM »
Just the wife and I this year.  Spinning a armless/legless bird on the Performer.  The usual suspects for sides.  I read about putting sweet potato peels in whiskey and sous vide at 150° for a couple hours.  I may give that a shot for something to do later.

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 04:47:18 AM »
Roto turkey on the ssp here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 05:48:52 AM »
Brined a 20 lb bird last night.  Will spin it on the roti today.  My wife is making the sides inside..... Stuffing, corn casserole, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, pies, etc.   We have 17 people to feed.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
whatchu cooking on for turkey day?
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 06:09:20 AM »
My wife is making sides to take with us to her family. Since we don’t host we never have leftovers so I’m making a turkey in the 26. Im also making a stock for gravy with the neck and tail. I’ll let it rest, cut it up, eat a couple sample bites, then bag it up and go to thanksgiving.