Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM 14  (Read 5215 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
WSM 14
« on: October 13, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »
Added a 14 to complete the set. Love this little guy and just did ribs on it for the first time tonight. First cook I did a butt and got 14 1/2 hours out of one chimney of Weber charcoal. 2 nd cook was chicken and after the cook still had 3/4 left. Used the left over tonight on these ribs. No wrap , no sauce ribs rubbed with Killer Hogs and Gold Dust finishing rub at the end. Smoke was pecan and pecan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[attachment deleted by admin]

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Re: WSM 14
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
Looks cool. I have been thinking about getting one a WSM to bring with me on then jeep trail. Can you fit a pork shoulder on the top grate?
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

rfacko

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »
Looks cool. I have been thinking about getting one a WSM to bring with me on then jeep trail. Can you fit a pork shoulder on the top grate?
You definitely can. I only smoked on a 14WSM for a while. There is enough physical space to fit two 5lb shoulders on each of the two grates. The difficulty is keeping up with the fuel demands for a big cook on such a small smoker. One shoulder on the top grate works fine with only one load of coals (12-14 hours).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
Yeah. First cook was a 9 pound shoulder . Coal went 14 1/2 hours at 250. Awesome cooker and holds temps just as good if not better than the 18 or 22.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »
It’s so tiny that it fits in the 22 . Have to drop water bowl to the coal grate though. Perfect for camping or tailgating.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 08:19:15 PM »
Looks fantastic. How do you do your water pan on ribs and or chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vverewolf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »
That's great burn time. Have you done any mods or stock?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:10:16 PM »
That's great burn time. Have you done any mods or stock?

Not at all. Thing is super efficient. Cooking for 2 , it’s perfect. Coal ring will only hold one chimney and goes forever.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:13:04 PM »
Looks fantastic. How do you do your water pan on ribs and or chicken

Butt and ribs I foiled and used water in pan. The chicken I completely took out that pan all together and let the grease drip on the coals and was fantastic. Held 8  pieces on the top rack. Cooking for 2-3 people , you can’t go wrong with it.

vverewolf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:39 PM »
Cheers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 02:40:17 AM »
@wessonjb grate looking cooks. every time I see another cook on a WSM I get the itch to add one to the arsenal
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 03:49:09 AM »
@wessonjb grate looking cooks. every time I see another cook on a WSM I get the itch to add one to the arsenal
Thanks man , these ribs were tasty. Absolutely love mine. Love the fact that you can load it down with food and walk away from it with no worries. I don’t run any fans and will hold temp through out the night and only drop 10-20 degrees. Plus the burn times you can get is unreal.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 06:37:44 AM »
Damn cool cooker. You made me want one and I don't think I would've ever considered one before.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 07:32:09 AM »
Damn cool cooker. You made me want one and I don't think I would've ever considered one before.

It’s becoming my favorite cooker ! One chimney of KBb cherry briquettes cooked chicken one night and slab of ribs few nights later. The fuel consumption is unbelievable and cooks plenty for 2-3 people .

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40:46 AM »

Same here. It wasn't on my radar but has now creeped into my brain and won't stop.