Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26" ash pan  (Read 2281 times)

greendoorchad

• Smokey Joe
26" ash pan
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:10:50 AM »
Found this on eBay if anyone needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Re: 26" ash pan
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 04:32:21 AM »
shady seller, don't buy shit from him...If ya need an ashpan, any size, Bertl and Jeff are getting another list together...AND THEY'RE CHEAPER and a PERFECT replacement
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:42:16 AM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:36:51 AM »
Ditto, What @Scott Zee said
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:28:49 AM »
Nothing misleading in that auction

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:56:40 AM »
I agree with bigredmf here, while I know this seller, there is nothing misleading and we have no evidence that he has screwed anyone that has purchased something from him.  Yes his listings have been deceptive but I would ask that we keep context, and we should be careful of anyone who posts on ebay.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 06:12:59 AM »
I totally agree Jeff...nothing deceptive or misleading and all I said was he's shady...not that he screwed anyone....but as my daddy once told me, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....I also was on context.....Bertl and Jeffs pans are awesome, cheaper and a great replacement for anyone needing one.   8)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:16:55 AM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 08:19:04 AM »
I second everything Scott said. I tried to buy from him in the past, never again.

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

greendoorchad

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »
Good to know. I don't know the seller. But now that you bring it up I remember there being some questionable listing. I totally agree on the re-pop pans as well. I've purchased them and they are great. I was just throwing this one out there   

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 04:22:34 PM »
Agreed I'm not saying this is misleading, but I wouldn't do business with this guy,  that's for sure.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »
Why does it seem everyone is stopping short of explaining why exactly they would avoid this seller?  There's clearly some sort of history I'm unaware of!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
26" ash pan
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
Search forum for UserGone or Smokin Performer.

I've bought a few things from him on eBay and have had no issues. He doesn't seem to mind parting out rare kettles which is ok with me as sometimes I need a rare part.  Rare stuff that I posted looking for here that magically appears on eBay.

Yes there was at least one extremely misleading auction on eBay that members fell for but I do not believe anyone got burned?

I actually bought the ash pan in this auction to complete my Chief. The reproduction thread has slowed down and I did not want to wait longer.

With respect

Red

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:23:38 PM by bigredmf »

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
26" ash pan
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:29:59 PM by bigredmf »

Packman04

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »
I bought a grill from this guy. He seemed to be ok to me and I enjoyed talking kettles to him the one time I met him.  The one questionable eBay listing hurt his reputation on here a bit though. Like Red, I would still buy from him if he had what I wanted. Any collecting and it's always buyer beware.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 09:24:01 PM »
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing people believe he is in the group so don't want to say exactly what they thought was misleading about the one auction.
regards,
Hal

Packman04

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 03:17:45 AM »
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing people believe he is in the group so don't want to say exactly what they thought was misleading about the one auction.

He made the auction look like he was selling a Glen blue for cheap when in reality the auction was for some thumbscrews for not so cheap.  He's actually gotten out of collecting Weber's since then.