Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber hover rack?  (Read 2089 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Weber hover rack?
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:14:10 AM »

I was at Home Depot and saw this second rack on display with a Performer Premium. It looked pretty decent quality like the rest of Weber grates and included a hinge so you can refill charcoal easily. I don't think it comes with the performer because there was another performer with their Weber warming rack so it is probably just showing off accessories. I scoured the Weber website to try to figure out what this other second rack is but I did not see it anywhere. Any ideas?
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Weber hover rack?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 06:26:16 AM »
Not so sure of it's usefulness... seems like it would be more of a PIA than anything. Butt, who am I... I've never used one.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »
Is that a "Weber" product?? Part number

I've been wanting a warming rack for doing yardbird offset by this could be of use

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:35:22 AM »
It looks like the upper grill from my Pit Boss Kamado!

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:15:46 AM »
That upper rack looks like it would just be in the way....am I wrong??  Although, it’d be handy when I put my 15” cast iron skillet on the grill.... hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »
It is hinged I believe.

It's in the way and a bit short but I was able to stuff 9 racks on the Kamado, 5 on the bottom 4 up top.

They turned out amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

oldivers

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »
My guess is that it goes with another brand of grill.  My HD sells the Vision brand Kamado style grill and it has an elevated rack similar to that.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 04:48:42 AM »
Ah okay, that must be it then, and also explains why I didn't see it in the weber accessories section. I knew you'd guys would be able to figure it out!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »
It only gets in the way if you want it to.  I made one similar to that for my 26er using a WSM 22.5 grate and three carriage bolts.  It works great as an extended cooking area.  I also use it to hold a tray of ice cubes over my food when I am cold smoking with my A-Maze-N tube.

BD

The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
It isn't Weber.

But, what I've found, given that most members here have multiple grills, the extra racks tend to be a pain in the ass. I find it easier (more convenient) just to use multiple grills.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:35:36 PM »
@Kneab had something similar (possibly from a BGE?) at the Chicago meetup. Seemed to work really well....
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
@Kneab had something similar (possibly from a BGE?) at the Chicago meetup. Seemed to work really well....
Not me Bob. I think that may have been @Brewtownbeatdown that had that. I did however spot one this weekend in an Ace Hardware Store that was also a Big Green Egg dealer if I remember correctly it was $25
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »
Target clearance 18" rack and SS carriage bolts works great. You can even cut off the handles if you don't need them or flip it over.   Good way to increase rib rack capacity if you don't want to use a stand up rib rack.   I also cram more chicken parts in this way. Also great for baked taters.

Watch your height or the food on top cooks much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »

I like my homemade hover racks …. Great for cooking, but even better for warming / toasting buns ….
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »
I know @1buckie uses one he made for turds or any other small appetizer type foods he cooks in mass quantity