Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Go Anywhere History  (Read 3468 times)

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Go Anywhere History
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
I haven't cooked on the new style GGA grate but it's not getting good reviews. I recently replaced my flavorizer plate with a SS from rcplanebuyer on eBay. It's excellent. Love using it for a quick cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
the old flavorizer in mine is falling apart.  I assume the new one drops in?  My grate is pretty toasted as well but really, rarely do I used new grates.  I let the rust and fall apart and then replace them.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »
the old flavorizer in mine is falling apart.  I assume the new one drops in?  My grate is pretty toasted as well but really, rarely do I used new grates.  I let the rust and fall apart and then replace them.

GGA's no longer come with the Flavorizer plate. Now it's just a slotted cook grate. Presumably no slots are in the center, over the burner. But, still ...
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
I'm back at a computer so I can tag people...

Thanks @Troy for reformatting and posting this on the site.

There were a lot of people that I reached out to for information about their grills. Thanks @JEBIV @harris92 @bear @Jocool and @hillbilly for sending me pictures and information.
Glad I was able to help.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:07:26 PM by Jocool »
If it breathes, we can cook it!

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:42 PM »
Don't mention it Neil, we should be thanking you. Well done mate, I love the GAs

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »
+1 for the pre 2014 version with flavorizer plate. 

I cannot imagine how the newer version does not cause a grease puddle in the bottom of the grill with foods like brats and burgers.     Seems to act more like an indoor grill with the food right on the cooking plate.

This pre 2014 style flavorizer bar allows for vaporization similar to the flavorizer bars in the larger gas grills.   I would head the SS eBay route as the OEM flavorizer #9201 looks to be discontinued or just as expensive if you can find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 05:36:30 AM »
+1 for the pre 2014 version with flavorizer plate. 

I cannot imagine how the newer version does not cause a grease puddle in the bottom of the grill with foods like brats and burgers.     Seems to act more like an indoor grill with the food right on the cooking plate.

This pre 2014 style flavorizer bar allows for vaporization similar to the flavorizer bars in the larger gas grills.   I would head the SS eBay route as the OEM flavorizer #9201 looks to be discontinued or just as expensive if you can find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Yeah.. the whole "idea"  (Marketing!!!) behind flavoizor bars was "it cooks off and adds flavor -and maybe it does! But it's really to keep the grill cleaner as it all vaporizes off like a self cleaning oven.  We even set up a Genesis with a roti motor and chains/gears and star-shaped bars, plain rollers, different shapes, to see if they would clean better or do anything positive.

Well. It significantly added to the cost -SHELVED IDEA!
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »
Thanks @Neil_VT00 !!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 04:34:13 AM »
Did Weber make an official cart/stand for the GA? 

Something like this:

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 04:53:01 AM »
That looks like the stem off an old gas kettle.

Weber made a purpose table for all portables including the GA

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 05:17:27 AM »
Go Anywhere where you don't have to carry it and there's sidewalks.  Funny how it went from being disco'd to "let's sell a table for it."