Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs on a Saturday afternoo  (Read 1610 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Ribs on a Saturday afternoo
« on: July 29, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
Its 89 degrees today.  I have 2 racks of St. Louis cut ribs rubbed and ready...

Ready...

Set

GO!!

Smokin with cherry and rubbed down with Kenricks hogs in heat.

Next check in two hours.

Had to used the OTG Copper lid.  The TTT doesnt fit over the vent handle.... on my SSP...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:20:36 AM by jeffrackmo »
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Ribs on a Saturday afternoo
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
Looks good can’t wait to see the results. I am doing spare ribs tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 12:27:08 PM »
Is the that rub made by Kenricks? Or is it a brand called Hogs 'N Heat?
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Therustysaw

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »
How do you like your TTT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
Rub is just called hogs n heat.  I picked there

Just pulled them and wrapped em. 

Another hour to go... then the big reveal!!!!  It smells amazing...

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »
The TTT gets dialed in and the maverick keeps an eye on things.  I like it.  It took a few cooks to dial it in but its easy peasy now...  just follow the chart that comes with it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:59:47 AM by jeffrackmo »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »
Looking good!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 04:56:56 AM »
And done... 

3-2-1 did the trick.  The TTT worked flawlessly.   Kept the kettle between 220 and 235.  Depending on the breeze we had ...  Not too sure about the hot n fast ribs just yet....  someday tho...

No pics of the cuts but between the rub and the spicy peach glaze,  they were amazing.  The Brats were Kenricks apple.  The hot dogs...   well those were for the mother in law.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 05:11:06 AM »
That looks awesome! I with you, haven't done hot and fast ribs yet and I'm not sure I can. Did you make the peach glaze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ribs on a Saturday afternoo
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 05:22:46 AM »
Those look absolutely incredible!!!!  Looks like snake method?  I couldn't tell for sure. Did you close the bottom vent completely or do you leave cracked?

If you guys want to dip your toes in hot and fast, there is a recipe in webers greatest hits I've been wanting to try. I believe it was 300 degrees for 3 hours or something like that.

However, with ribs that look like that, I may have to give low and slow another try. I've only tried it once without success. I had the slow part right but I goofed up the low part of it. [emoji23]

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:27:09 AM by HoosierKettle »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »
Ribs look amazing. Can’t wait to make spare ribs today.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 08:02:22 AM »
Great job on the ribs!  Look at those bones popping out.  Nice!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
Those look absolutely incredible!!!!  Looks like snake method?  I couldn't tell for sure. Did you close the bottom vent completely or do you leave cracked?

If you guys want to dip your toes in hot and fast, there is a recipe in webers greatest hits I've been wanting to try. I believe it was 300 degrees for 3 hours or something like that.

However, with ribs that look like that, I may have to give low and slow another try. I've only tried it once without success. I had the slow part right but I goofed up the low part of it. [emoji23]

Yep snake method always for LnS on the kettle.  It was 3x2 and got up to twmp in about 20 minutes .  The bottom vent was cracked to about 1/4 open.

yes i did make the glaze.  Just like a tomatoe based sauce but i used peaches and one chipotle pepper in  adobo sauce.  A little honey  and molasses..   i will dig up the recipe and share it...ir was some left over from a cook a couple weeks ago..

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:26:04 AM by jeffrackmo »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 12:12:32 PM »
Funny. My mother in law always wants hot dogs as well.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 02:26:58 PM »
Funny. My mother in law always wants hot dogs as well.

Well... 2 hours prep protien and sides.  5.5 hours of cooking time.  Then come the franks....  10 minutes and charred.  MOM in law IS HAPPY..    i am happy....  she wont eat what i cook...  except.the hotdogs...  her loss...