Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I get by with a little help from my friends  (Read 7937 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Re: I get by with a little help from my friends
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 02:34:47 PM »

I received a mystery package last night with a couple rubs I’ve never tried.  I knew I hadn’t ordered anything, so I immediately started racking my brain trying to figure out who sent this.  It took awhile, but I finally figured out Mike In Roseville sent these to me for a little inspiration.  Mike has been extremely encouraging, he knew I was in a slump after tasting Rub’s amazing BBQ at the last Florida meetup. 

Thank you, Mike... I’m slowly getting my mojo working again and these will definitely be incorporated into my Super Bowl cook this weekend. 

Great group of Grillfellas here.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
awesome group and awesome gesture mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »
Big thank you to JEBIV who knew my wife was looking for another set of Weber steak knives to make a full set of 8.  He sent us a surprise package and inside was this nice note stating his demands.  I had to comply!

Thank you very much, Joe!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2018, 08:15:57 PM »
Big thank you to JEBIV who knew my wife was looking for another set of Weber steak knives to make a full set of 8.  He sent us a surprise package and inside was this nice note stating his demands.  I had to comply!

Thank you very much, Joe!

Awesome, simply awesome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2018, 03:04:19 AM »
Good looking steak!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2018, 05:43:40 AM »
Love it!

@JEBIV, you’re the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
I get by with a little help from my friends
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »
Although it’s been awhile since I’ve updated this post, that doesn’t mean I’m any less appreciative of, or inspired by, all the good deeds going on behind the scenes. 

A few months ago, I started searching for a vintage rotisserie to complete my loweRED SSP build.  Lowbrass kindly offered to trade his vintage roti setup and we struck a deal.  The logistics were kind of crazy; I boxed up Lowbrass’ item and handed off to Chiku18 who then shipped to JEBIV to bring to the Chicago meet up to exchange for the roti. 

But it didn’t stop there...

... Lowbrass and I came to another agreement and before long I had to ask JEBIV for another huge favor, to bring back a Ranger!

Last weekend we finally made the trip up to ATL to pick up the vintage roti, the Ranger, and a set of wire SJ legs from Brewtownbeatdown.  (Another kettle made its way down to FL, but I’ll let that member post if they so choose)

Huge thank you to Lowbrass, JEBIV, and Chiku18 for helping me acquire my holy grail.  Joe even threw in a pack of vintage lighter cubes!  I’m forever indebted to your kindness.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:03:50 AM by Mr.CPHo »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
I get by with a little help from my friends
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »
I previously mentioned a set of wire SJ legs which I had been searching for on behalf of a local Weber enthusiast who found a speckled offset handle SJ at an estate sale, but unfortunately didn’t come with any legs.  She reached out to me for help getting her little SJ on its feet again and thanks to Brewtownbeatdown, I’ll have the pleasure of dropping off the wire legs this weekend.  Although they aren’t period-correct, I know she’s extremely appreciative and hopefully she’ll join the fun here at WKC.

The story doesn’t end there...

Coincidentally, Chiku18 spotted ANOTHER speckled offset SJ in a box and not only alerted me, he went above and beyond by securing it and having it shipped to me directly!  It’s like having my own Kettle Koncierge!

Thank you Brewtownbeatdown and Chiku18; they may seem like isolated incidents, but we all know kettle karma is real!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:15:49 AM by Mr.CPHo »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2018, 10:11:30 AM »
When it rains, it pours.

Such was the case when Mcgolden reached out to see if I had any interest in his NIB 18” shish set.  I’ll admit, I was still rebounding from the Ranger purchase, but I just couldn’t refuse 1) a vintage accessory, 2) a vintage accessory made for the 18’s, 3) a vintage accessory made for the 18’s NEW IN BOX! 

Thank you, Mcgolden, I really appreciate it!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2018, 10:21:01 AM »
And to think..

I have seen that Ranger in Person!  It was in my back yard for the inaugural Meat Up in STL!! I actually had the pleasure of wheeling it in!!  I truly enjoyed witnessing @Lowbrass almost come to tears as his bacon wrapped smokies were a cookin' on the Ranger!!

Man...  Good times.. good times....

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2018, 10:39:25 AM »
Congrats on the Grate scores Charlie. Worked hard, everyone did, on that one.
Kettle Karma to all!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2018, 11:05:01 AM »
I recognize those leaves on the driveway, sorry we weren't home to visit for a bit
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2018, 12:20:05 PM »
Not gonna lie...I miss the ranger...however I also know it is at a great new home!  I love seeing it with your collection Charlie!

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2018, 12:28:30 PM »
That's awesome! You guys rock!!!

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2018, 01:51:24 PM »
Great story!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
When it rains, it pours.

Such was the case when Mcgolden reached out to see if I had any interest in his NIB 18” shish set.  I’ll admit, I was still rebounding from the Ranger purchase, but I just couldn’t refuse 1) a vintage accessory, 2) a vintage accessory made for the 18’s, 3) a vintage accessory made for the 18’s NEW IN BOX! 

Thank you, Mcgolden, I really appreciate it!

Can't believe you took out of the box Charlie LOL,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk