Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: big kettle  (Read 1132 times)

flgudmusic

• Happy Cooker
big kettle
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
Are there any upgrades available for the legs of the 26.75 kettles? I'd like to try doin' the rotisserie with rings but doubt the support strength of the stock aluminum legs. Thanx......Pat

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Re: big kettle
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:52:54 AM »
Are there any upgrades available for the legs of the 26.75 kettles? I'd like to try doin' the rotisserie with rings but doubt the support strength of the stock aluminum legs. Thanx......Pat
Don't be scurrred

Sent from my VS987 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
You'll be fine. I have mine loaded with cast iron, rotisseries, slow'n'sear, etc.

If you move your grill often with all the weight, the front handle will eventually suffer.

There are leg upgrades.
Some have built custom carts
others have done the mini ranch mod - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/mini-ranch-kettle-side-tables/

flgudmusic

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
I'm a tried n true/ died in the wool Weber fan...... have been since the early 70's. Cuppla years ago I opted for the 26.75" kettle.....followed up w/ the 'Smokinator' which I immediately rated as overpriced junk, due to the fact that after being left out on the picnic table during an unscheduled summer thunderstorm, turned into a rusted piece of junk by the next day. So much for "stainless steel". I since have purchased OTHER grills n cookers/ smokers but have to admit....I AM A WEBER PERSON!!!!!!!!! and really wanna make my Webers (accent on the plural 's'...I have 4 charcoal kettles)and I want 'em to be my only cookers!  Gonna check into the 'mini-ranch thing.   Thanx

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »
Mini RK is definitely stable and a pretty low cost option.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
@flgudmusic
You "only" have 4 Webers? You need to be enabled!