Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Gasket Kits??  (Read 1907 times)

Hawk68

• Smokey Joe
Kettle Gasket Kits??
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »
Has anyone used the a gasket kit on their kettle? If so, how does it wear over time as far as effectiveness and color? Here is a link to the product.
http://bbqgaskets.com/kits-by-brand/weber/weber-kettle-gasket-kit.html

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Gasket Kits??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »
I just cook on mine and after a while, the lid and rim basically gum up and there's no need for a gasket. 

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:36:10 PM »
I just cook on mine and after a while, the lid and rim basically gum up and there's no need for a gasket.

Yup. This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
Yep, save your money Larry, use it and it will seal up real nice. Now get cookin' on it

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 01:55:12 AM »
Has anyone used the a gasket kit on their kettle? If so, how does it wear over time as far as effectiveness and color? Here is a link to the product.
http://bbqgaskets.com/kits-by-brand/weber/weber-kettle-gasket-kit.html

If you look closely at the pics in the link, the gaskets are on a WSM. But some people are using them on the lids of kettles or around some rotisserie rings that sit inside the bowl.

BBQGaskets.com is the real deal! I've used their LavaLock, FireBlack and RTV sealant on some of Drum and WSM mods and Big Green Eggs. If they don't have it - you don't need it! If you browse their stores in the upper left of the page they offer a lot of custom parts and accessories and they have great customer service and fast shipping.

Do you need a gasket on your kettle? Are you grilling or smoking with it? If it bothers you that you are getting too much smoke around the lid it won't hurt.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!