Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Which Size Kettle for the two of us?  (Read 2740 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: Which Size Kettle for the two of us?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »
Hi Chilliwacked and welcome to the site. It's nice to see another member from BC! I'm in Langley 8)

Based on your requirements I would have to agree with demosthenes9:

I'd get a 18" Jumbo Joe.  Small footprint, a miser on charcoal and cooks like a dream.

The Jumbo Joe is more than capable of handling meals for 2. You'll get the grill size of an 18" but it hardly takes up any more space than the smaller Smokey Joe. Charcoal usage will be noticeably less than a 22" kettle as well. [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 04:44:30 AM »
I think if you had to go down to just 2 kettles it would be an 18" and a 26r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 06:59:20 AM »
Jumbo Joe.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 06:59:44 AM »
I have a 22 and often cook for 2 or just myself.  I don't bother to count briquettes, I just fill my chimney below half.  Sometimes I just spread the hot coals on the grate and sometimes use just one coal holder and position it where I want. Works well for me.

Chilliwacked

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:15 AM »
Thanks everyone.  This info is really appreciated and I'm much closer to my decision.  Very likely a Jumbo Joe.  Did three 1 and 1/2 inch thick pork chops and two baked potatoes on the 22 last night with the indirect method.  They turned out great.

stev

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »
I have a sj that I bought new 17 years ago for $10 (no shit) that is my daily driver. Also have a Jumbo Joe, 2 Performers and 3 other 22s. Just 3 of us so the sj & jumbo do the bulk of my cooking. One Performer is dedicated to rotisserie and the other 22s are mostly low and slow or turkey cookers.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »

Here is a good thread that might help …

Unfortunately, some pics are not available due to Photobucket's recent decision …

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/meetups-events/18'-cooking-challenge-photo-thread!/

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
I have a 26'r, 22 at the cabin...22 is too small when cooking for more than 5/6 people in my opinion and using the 26 is beyond overkill for say brats or burgers for my family of 5 (two of which are under 2). I am really thinking about finding an 18 Jumbo Joe and the Weber Grill Table.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app