Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lid Bail Rollers  (Read 6470 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Lid Bail Rollers
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »
I wasn't able to get Weber's Canadian customer service to replace my melted lid bale rollers. They wanted to sell me the whole lid bale assembly though. It costs $37 bucks, Canadian. Of course, I don't need all those parts, just the stupid little plastic rollers.

Anyways, with five minutes of looking I found these replacement parts from this awesome website that I saw about from someone on here. I can get the rollers with new nuts and washers for the bail wire for a little more than four bucks.

What's weird is that I can't buy just these rollers from Weber but this company gets them directly from Weber and sells them. Things that make you go, hmmm. ???

But if any of you are in need of these parts, check 'em out. http://www.ereplacementparts.com/hardware-for-lid-support-p-1477082.html

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Lid Bail Rollers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »
Thanks Mark, what I have also done in the past is buy some aluminum tubeing and just cut the lengh I need off. They will never melt. Oh, unless you are Troy searing ahi. ;D

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:48:09 AM »
Yeah, Duke, isn't that what Weber used before they switched over to the plastic rollers?

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »
BTW - I forgot to say that I don't need to buy these because one of the members here has graciously offered me some of his extra rollers. It is greatly appreciated!!!  ;D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:08:22 AM »
I'm not sure if weber ever used metal, but I have seen the small plastic ones. I'm glad you got a set of them, but if they melt again try the aluminum.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
I have seen 3 different versions of the rollers. The early ones were a small tube like design.
The next version has a small flare on each end. The current version has a larger flare on one end.
They all melt with enough help. An aluminum washer is supposed to go between the roller and the bowl. I am thinking it is supposed to resist heat better than say a steel washer. It would probably work if it was a bit thicker and larger. Since a lot of people tend ot put too much charcoal and bank it directly against the side that has the bale, melting is inevitable.
Someone who has access to a machine shop could fashion one from a solid piece of aluminum and it would last forever.  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:37 AM »
Machine shop? All you need is a hacksaw and a file to make one. ::)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:37:13 AM »

Spoken like a true professional at fixin' shit....... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 04:46:28 PM »
Today I managed to lose ONE lid bale roller. This is for a '92 SS Performer, with gray (non-flared) rollers.

I'd be "happy" to buy the replacement part, 63049 above but ereplacements says it won't even leave the warehouse for at least 16 days.

SAY WHAT?

Does anyone have another supplier that isn't too busy to ship parts out?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »
Addicted,

You need these?  They are not new, but should clean up ok.  If so, PM me your address and I will mail them out tomorrow.

Winz

In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
I can't help with the parts, but welcome back to the forum!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

WKC Bodyworks. A.K.A Duke's Garage or M*A*S*H unit.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 05:16:00 AM »
Addicted,

You need these?  They are not new, but should clean up ok.  If so, PM me your address and I will mail them out tomorrow.

Winz

Thanks Winz!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »
I'm just curious, how does one lose a lid roller?  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »
I'm just curious, how does one lose a lid roller?  8)

The lid roller is the first thing to go.......or so I've heard.

:)