Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Best Cover?  (Read 830 times)

KettleSmoke

• Smokey Joe
Best Cover?
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:24:05 AM »
Currently I do not have enough covered area too keep my kettles out of direct rain & sun (when not in use).  I purchased a Weber cover (not sure which style) but it has faded and dry rotted in less than 2 years.  Any advice on which cover is best?  These are the ones Weber offers.  https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/covers

Thanks for input!

BlueArch91

• Smokey Joe
Re: Best Cover?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 06:04:32 AM »
The direct sun is going to be your problem for any vinyl cover, especially if you live in the south. Mine in Michigan last 8-10 years functionally but faded. I go with the Weber products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final Pythagoras

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:16:37 AM »
After several years of weber covers lasting a year in Colorado, I actually gave up on them.   They are not cheap, and they have never held up for me.  I switched to this collection, and They are much heavier to stand up to wind, rain, and snow

Look for: "Classic Accessories 55-411-011501-00 Veranda Grill Cover For The Weber Performer" on Amazon, and from there you should see their whole line of covers.

That's all that I can recommend.   I did just get a small shed this year to solve the problem completely, but these have worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:43:53 AM »
Bed, Bath and Beyond has that available on their site
for $29.00.  Also have a dark grey for $1 less.

Search the site for Weber.

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:33:14 AM »
Here's another vote for Classic Accessories covers.  I have one on a kettle and another on a WSM, and I am impressed with the quality.