Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What thermometer do you use  (Read 3149 times)

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
Re: What thermometer do you use
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 11:44:49 PM »

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 05:30:44 AM »

Just received it the other day.  Like it so far

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I have a maverick 732 for the dock and it has held up well with extensive abuse but I may get this one for the house.  I like the sound of the auto sync and semi waterproof features as well as it looks like it would take falls a bit better.  Anyone else have anything to say about it before i pull the trigger?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 05:49:05 AM »
. This is a pretty good timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
What thermometer do you use
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 08:02:08 AM »
Ok .. I guess it's my turn.

I use my iGrill 2 and it works good for me.
My problem with choosing was that here where I am we don't have that much to chose from.
Amazon will only send certain items from the states to here, and at the time it was ranked good, and locally available.

I guess it all comes down to ... if it works for you that's great. 

Your mileage my very and dealer prep and taxes not included. 

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:04:44 AM by vwengguy »

thinkblue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 09:03:18 AM »

I have a maverick 732 for the dock and it has held up well with extensive abuse but I may get this one for the house.  I like the sound of the auto sync and semi waterproof features as well as it looks like it would take falls a bit better.  Anyone else have anything to say about it before i pull the trigger?
The company of this thermometer guarantees the probes for life.  If there is any malfunction.  Ex.  The probes readings are incorrect. There is wire break somewhere.  They replace it.

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:47 AM »

Joe,
I have one and I'm not a huge fan of it.
Range is good, but temp is sometimes WAY off...i have a Maverick 732 that i love...search fleabay for Remington 2 probe...my 732 is Remington branded. .but it IS a maverick. .and i paid $26 for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:14 PM »
My problem with choosing was that here where I am we don't have that much to chose from.
Amazon will only send certain items from the states to here, and at the time it was ranked good, and locally available.

Depending on where you are and what you're looking for, you might consider getting someone to "agent" for you. I did this a couple of times some years ago for a good guy in Australia. He ordered from Amazon and had them ship to me. I then reshipped to him.  This included a Maverick thermometer, and then a set of replacement probes after he accidentally burned up the originals (Maverick kindly provided free replacements after I explained how someone in Australia happened to have one of their products, which they apparently didn't sell in Australia at that time).

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 04:56:14 PM »

Joe,
I have one and I'm not a huge fan of it.
Range is good, but temp is sometimes WAY off...i have a Maverick 732 that i love...search fleabay for Remington 2 probe...my 732 is Remington branded. .but it IS a maverick. .and i paid $26 for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

After trying to justify the Smoke I went with another maverick for $29.99

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 06:15:13 PM »
iGrill 2. Haters gonna hate, but it is dead simple to use and BT range is very good for BT..
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
I had an igrill mini years ago. Total pos.  Maybe I got a bad one but I try to find non digital, no battery using devices whenever possible. I do like a digital instant read though.

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »
I use a 19 dollar bought at home depot model
been using it for about 6 years
works great, every time I go to calibrate it, it is within 2 degrees. It is one with the resister in the probe, not a bi metal, as far as I am concerned bi metal probes are so inaccurate they need to be thrown out.
I just set the temp I want, put the probe in the meat, clip the remote on my side and it gives me updates by beeping and changing colors of the screen.
I think the 2 things you need to look for is resister not bi metal and able to calibrate..  Oh a liquid proof probe hwlps to, I use mine in my deep fryer also, without a liquid tight probe they will short out.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »
I have seen all of these. I'm a professional photographer and I have read the instructions for all the pro cameras on the market and have used them all.. the maverick is good but if you have to spend 20 mins setting up makes it unusable.. it is like the emperors new clothes. Everyone is afraid to say it sucks.. it does!!!

But can you change a light bulb.

What do want it to do flip the food for you? I mean it is a thermometer it tells you food and grate temp, what is so hard. If you need alarms and whistles you have not faith in your cookers, I can cut my grass. Catch a nap during a late night smoke, as I also have other things to get ready for a meal as I do not just eat meat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
. This is a pretty good timer.

hahahahah!! I like that! Perfect timer!

In April for my birthday my parents got me the smoke, which I like! I promptly put it to work  for it's first time and cooked a Ham when we hosted Easter dinner
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner