Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef Over Pork.................a Two Day Event.......  (Read 1246 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Beef Over Pork.................a Two Day Event.......
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:28:17 AM »
So I went & did the other rack of ribs from that package  from the other day on Saturday......

Didn't happen to take pics, but it was approx. like the others.....granulated garlic, McCormick's Belgian White Ale seasoning & some cherry wood smoke.........like these......

.......started at 7:00AM pretty slow & they ended around 2:00PM, sort of in a loose, semi-falling apart, but still REAL juicy fashion.....because.....we got BUSY!!!!

Down to a community center park about 6 miles away for a quick meet 'n' greet, then back home to wait a couple hours for a different meet 'n' greet with Bruno & a quick check to see our home was alright.....then off to the animal shelter for some paperwork (place was an absolute madhouse, the month of June, they are waiving the usual $100 adoption fee so everybody wanted a free dog!)

....and then home with the new addition to the BBQ Helper Crew ~~~>

We lucked out & found someone who was fostering this little jewel:

This is Pebbles.....way cool, very snuggly & fits right in to the household like she knew all about this place already !!!

We were all very, very sad about Molly....I could deal, but Bruno & the wife were going on & on in the depressed mode, so I posited the plan to fill up this gaping hole in our family unit here.....
The little one took to pork ribs like a duck to water......she knows she came to the right address !!!

So Sunday, there's some leftover ribs....pups get some small plates of chopped bits & the rest go into the bean pan.....under the tri-tip.....

Bush's....couple different kinds, sweet onion bits....a little mango / chipotle salsa, a few spices & the tri-tip shot w/ Stubb's Green Chile sauce.....

Bein' a sucker for "On Sale " & "Limited Edition " & "It's New !!" i got a bag of these to test out...

Flopped them on at 2:30 on a pretty low heat of 250f & just let things go easy.....

This is a 3 hr. 20 min. tip.....mostly @ 250, ramped up a little the last 1/3 of the cook.....

Along w/ bacon wrapped asparagus...

After a short rest....

...and some honkin'
 good beans !!!

...pork 'n' beans....w/ a beef goo float....

.....everyone slept in this morning....we were wayyyyyy stuffed !!!!

Thanks fer Lookin' !!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:37:37 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Beef Over Pork.................a Two Day Event.......
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:20 AM »
Very nice Buckie, the new pup looks like a sweetheart. What did you think about that charcoal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »
It cooked pretty good.....about like regular & it did have a nice, mild sweetness....added in some small cherry chunks too....just for good measure...forgot a few pics.....

Cut, it was nice pink medium all the way thru....photo's never good in the kitchen light....

And plated w/ buttery jasmine rice, the beans & a corn sliced off the cob, sweet bells, minced garlic & onion mix the wife whipped up.....

Tried a little A-1 sauce that I haven't had in years.....the wife's been hankerin' for it for a month or so, what can you expect from someone who wears their flip-flops on the wrong feet?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 08:11:29 AM »
I think the pics in the kitchen are totally fine. Looks like a great plate of food and I like that Crush in the background.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:16:53 AM »
I think the pics in the kitchen are totally fine. Looks like a great plate of food and I like that Crush in the background.

....it was FREEZIN' cold !!!!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »
Everything looks delicious!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:47:54 AM »
Great cooks!  The new fuel looks interesting.  Glad to see you have a new friend.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
That pup just got LUCKY!!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Canadian Bacon

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
Very nice job buckie....you still got it going on........and congrats on your new edition to the family.....I bet you will have pebbles all fattened up real soon. ;D ;D...gotta love good bbq mascots.
Horizon Marshall RD Special Offset/Large BGE/Napoleon Gasser
22" Master Touch(Smoke) 2 Discada Cookers
Worlds Fastest Thermapens...Black and Blue

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 09:10:24 PM »
That pup just got LUCKY!!

She out-eats the big dawg 2 to 1, speedwise anyways.....she KNOWS she hit the jackpot !!!!

Very nice job buckie....you still got it going on........and congrats on your new edition to the family.....I bet you will have pebbles all fattened up real soon. ;D ;D...gotta love good bbq mascots.

Poor little thing's skinny as a rail.....never got a good chance starting off, but things are different now........... 8)

suckaass

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 07:17:41 PM »
Good looking grub buckie :D 

My condolences on your loss.  We lost our 14yr old lab in February...nothing easy about that. Fortunately, we had our 1 & 2yr old pups to help take our minds off things...it looks like your new little one is gonna fit right in :)
Eddie, go over there and get all of that wood, I need half a tree. Chop that tree.
And Charlie, go get me 2 gallons of gasoline out the shed.
C'mon, you wanna eat? You wanna eat?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 10:49:48 AM »
@suckaass
 Thanks man.....the little one eats LIKE A SHARK !!!!