Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22" yellow find and more  (Read 2348 times)

glend123

• WKC Brave
22" yellow find and more
« on: May 28, 2017, 03:58:54 PM »
I came across this guy cleaning out his parents garage and he had this grill that he wanted to sell. Looks like they tried to spray paint over some of the rust spots but overall it was in pretty good condition. So we made a deal after a little negotiation back and forth and I took it out to my car and loaded it up. I walked back up to the garage to make sure I didn't leave anything behind and pay the guy and I saw the grill table stashed up against the wall behind some stuff I recreated the scene in my own garage in this picture. I was pretty surprised and I blurted out,(maybe a little too excitedly.) "oh that goes with the grill too!", the guy looked at me like I was crazy.  After I explained to him how it goes together we searched around for the legs, and we put it together. That also was in pretty good shape and he let me have it for another small amount. Which was fine with me because how often do you come across these tables. So I cleaned the grill up and put a couple coats of teak oil on the table. I don't have time to do a 1000 Point restoration but it still came out okay. Looks like I still need to put a coat of finish on the handle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 22" yellow find and more
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:03:11 PM »
Holy shit! I'm so envious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 04:11:27 PM »
Awesome!!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »
Awesome, any specific kind of teak oil? I have a table similar to that that I will be refinishing soon. Still something about the yellows that get me excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 04:40:44 PM »
Now I have something else to look for at estate sales. Hidden tucked away Weber Tables.....

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 04:41:27 PM »
Great score

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »
Awesome, any specific kind of teak oil? I have a table similar to that that I will be refinishing soon. Still something about the yellows that get me excited.

WATCO. From Home Depot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »
Man, I bet your just sitting out there staring right now. How cool.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »
If I ever find a yellow I'll probably burn a basket of charcoal every night just to watch it blush at me.  I might even put my best cookers up for trade here to see if I can get a yellow. Doubt it would work but a few more beers might convince me.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
22" yellow find and more
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
If I ever find a yellow I'll probably burn a basket of charcoal every night just to watch it blush at me.  I might even put my best cookers up for trade here to see if I can get a yellow. Doubt it would work but a few more beers might convince me.

What're your best cookers? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using a free redhead disguised as a UDS
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 10:36:14 PM »
Wow! Nice score!

What a pair!!!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 01:25:12 AM »
Never see yellows around here.  Anyone would love to have one in their  yard!  Congratulations!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 01:26:36 AM »
Very nice score!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 04:54:30 AM »

What're your best cookers? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using a free redhead disguised as a UDS

Any combination of my blue OTG, red MT, and the red mist SSP. The SSP lid and bowl are flawless.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 08:11:35 AM »
Congrats, great combo there!!! One day I'll have a yellow [emoji41]