Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I can't handle the handle  (Read 8680 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: I can't handle the handle
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
I can't wait to hear all the whining when Topper arrives, and everyone starts bashing it. You know they will. Cheap foreign steel, flimsy legs, thin porcelain - if it even is porcelain. For the same money, (half if you catch the WallyWorld end-of-season sale) you can get a beautiful new MT with baskets, warming rack and gourmet grate. And if you ask nice like I did, you can swap out the taco lid with a welded display lid before you leave the store. Plenty of retailers have not changed out their display units since the taco truck showed up. WLH forever!
Retired

Craig

• WKC Mod
I can't handle the handle
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
I can't wait to hear all the whining when Topper arrives, and everyone starts bashing it. You know they will. Cheap foreign steel, flimsy legs, thin porcelain - if it even is porcelain. For the same money, (half if you catch the WallyWorld end-of-season sale) you can get a beautiful new MT with baskets, warming rack and gourmet grate. And if you ask nice like I did, you can swap out the taco lid with a welded display lid before you leave the store. Plenty of retailers have not changed out their display units since the taco truck showed up. WLH forever!

I'm excited for Topper myself and will be getting one this fall. Taco handle and all. I am also looking forward to Zavod44s rendition of the wooden Topper handles to boot! Back to the subject at hand, this thread proves my theory that some people aren't happy unless they are complaining or upset about something. Weber could make a replica thumbscrew MBH from the 1960s today and someone would find something about it to complain about. Weber is listening and doing what they can to bring back the iconic red kettle and there are still people not happy about it. Blows my mind. It's like when my work provides FREE food at an early morning meeting, someone always bitches. If it's donuts, someone whines that there isn't any fruit or yogurt or vice versa. I've seen it happen too many times. Not to label anyone as a malcontent but it has been in my experience that some people aren't happy unless they are pissed off. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong......

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:05:11 AM by Craig »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2017, 10:16:18 AM »
And that's not to say that people can't have opinions one way or another. We all do. There's things that we all like and dislike about these grills to one degree or another and that's fine. If we all loved the same style, color and size of Kettle this would be a pretty boring place, which it is NOT and for that I am grateful. [emoji3]

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
Couldn't care less about the taco, it works so good why bother complaining
I am with all the believers. It has a function, and does it well. Weber did their homework and figured out how to eliminate burned hands. WTF folks?! What is so terrible about a new design?! You don't like it because  it looks different? Guess what. You'll look different in a few years.

Jeezus.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
Do we hate the look?
The feel?
The function?
The change?
The name?

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »
I don't know if I should hate it.
I've never touched one.
But I do like steak, pork, chicken and fish tacos 😋
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:41:35 PM by Craig »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »
It's just another example of the corporatocracy that is infecting Americana, cheapen everything out, the fat cats gets richer and we get Taco's and crap ash pans.........
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »
Even in 1981 he was still pissed....

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
Once again Mr Craig is the voice of reason.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »
That was one of my favorite bits on SNL with Dana Carvey back in the day.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
Tacos deface the iconic weber lid. That's why they are hated.  However, the old ones wouldn't be special if they were identical to new ones so I will embrace the taco and may even buy the topper if I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:10:47 PM by HoosierKettle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:08:58 PM by HoosierKettle »

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
I love this forum but this reminds of " Damn Fender guitars with their bolt on necks!"
I think @Travis said it best...
Ok, cool. I'm going to go back to eating my paint chips now.. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "