Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155069 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #990 on: November 27, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »

"The one touch was getting hung up on rough area of porcelain on the one touch"

And more than one photo shared here shows missing red porcelain from underneath the One Touch's washer.

Sorry, the sweeps seemed like they were getting caught on rough edges of the one touch slots in the bowl. At least that’s what it looked like. I had fondled the display longer than what a customer should and I was getting looks. I had to cut my in store investigation short so I’m not positive what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #991 on: November 29, 2017, 03:42:45 PM »
Finally, it looks like Weber will do the right thing and replace my bowl. It is on the way and should get it tomorrow.

I have been told that the main reason for the replacement is not because of the bare metal under and at the top of the grate straps with rust showing, thin coating inside with tape marks with red over spray, or bare metal inside leg sockets, but mainly because of one big run that interferes with the operation of the ash sweeper.  I have one big run and smaller run inside. Whatever!

My advice to anyone interested in getting one is to deal directly at the store for a replacement and not go thru. Weber CS. 

These are beautiful one time kettles. Don't be put off by all the issues on the board. Just make sure to open and inspect carefully at the store and one you are satisfied with.  Case closed for me. My Red will be little diff. than others. Will show it off on the weekend.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #992 on: November 29, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
It's fitting that the only model to have such a star-crossed introduction had a dealer who screwed up the price. How, or why, would you do that, when *nothing* from Weber goes on sale, let alone half off?

True! Not even sure if Weber dealers are suppose to advertise discounted price, let alone 1/2 off on just released Limited Edition.

I don't really care if others pick them up for 1/2 off or not. Just having fun with gifs.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #993 on: November 29, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »

40$ from CLcode EE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #994 on: November 29, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »

40$ from CLcode EE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice first Gen Master Touch Lemans. Why is it on this thread? Early Edition Red????   ;D ;D ;D

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #995 on: November 29, 2017, 06:07:49 PM »
Besides the different thermo and the missing black accents, that's what my new one will look like.  The wheels are on the way.  I need to find an older handle strap for the lid and pick out some sweet Zav handles.  Any help with the strap would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:22:44 PM by Grillagin »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #996 on: November 29, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »
I had fondled the display longer than what a customer should and I was getting looks.

Yeah. It happens.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #997 on: November 30, 2017, 07:45:05 AM »
Besides the different thermo and the missing black accents, that's what my new one will look like.  The wheels are on the way.  I need to find an older handle strap for the lid and pick out some sweet Zav handles.  Any help with the strap would be appreciated.

Order a pair of fireplace handles off ereplacements.com and you got your strap.  @Grillagin

cwestsmokin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #998 on: November 30, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »
Doesn’t look like ereplacements has the fireplace handles anymore . Craig

Bbqspott

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #999 on: December 03, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
I picked up one of these grills at Lowes today. They are on an unadvertised sale for $179.00, which was a nice surprise. I added a couple strands of Christmas lights, so I could use the $40 off $200 coupon, and ended up paying $146 and change for the grill. I couldn't be happier with the customer service. They let me inspect the grill before I made the purchase, and I guess I got lucky. The first box opened was perfect. After what I've read in this post, I almost didn't bother with this grill, but I'm glad I did. I love the color!

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #1000 on: December 04, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
I looked at two displays at lowes yesterday. Both were very nice. No issues I could see.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Malo83

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1001 on: December 04, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »
I picked up one of these grills at Lowes today. They are on an unadvertised sale for $179.00, which was a nice surprise. I added a couple strands of Christmas lights, so I could use the $40 off $200 coupon, and ended up paying $146 and change for the grill. I couldn't be happier with the customer service. They let me inspect the grill before I made the purchase, and I guess I got lucky. The first box opened was perfect. After what I've read in this post, I almost didn't bother with this grill, but I'm glad I did. I love the color!
Yup $179. here also, gonna pick one up this weekend.

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1002 on: December 05, 2017, 07:04:46 AM »
The Lowes I usually go to doesn't have them but one on the north side of town has about a dozen.  I was up in that area this morning and stopped in, can't really afford one just curious to see one in person.  After looking for awhile I spotted them stacked on the high shelf, mostly covered with a tarp.  I asked the employee working the grill section if they had one on display and he said "yes, there's one, the only difference is the color".  Seeing him point to a black grill didn't bother me so much, I can understand that mistake.  The fact that he pointed to a Jumbo Joe was a bigger issue...

He also mentioned that they haven't sold a single red one, I can't imagine why.   

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1003 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:22 AM »
... He also mentioned that they haven't sold a single red one, I can't imagine why.   

LOL Merchandising 101

Show the damn product, don't assume the customer can imagine what it looks like.

Hell, even the special order green and copper ones often get at least a picture on display.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1004 on: December 06, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »
The modding has begun.  I'll have to cut a bit off the support leg, but I prefer this look.  I bought a brand new set of lower leg stuff off CL from new member @Jed.cook, whom I encouraged to join here while texting back and forth.  Next step, ditching the taco for an old school handle.  Then, sending Zav more money, and maybe some custom wood to use.

[attachment deleted by admin]