Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155095 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #870 on: November 18, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »
This looks very good Mr Green Dude:

The Bourbon you left me is almost gone.....................................................when are you coming back?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #871 on: November 18, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »
LMFAO!!!.When you get a couple of rack's on that 26er.....lol

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #872 on: November 18, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
^ looks great Greenweb! Do you use a little gasket or similar between the lid strap and lid to prevent chips?

Thanks! I use high temp fiber gaskets on all my Taco kettles. No chips on the Taco lids yet so far.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #873 on: November 18, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »
This looks very good Mr Green Dude:

The Bourbon you left me is almost gone.....................................................when are you coming back?

Lol!

Thanks! I have the same fire place handle on the Ivory. So, I am working on diff. handle strap for this Red.  I am sure you will approve when you see it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:53:31 PM by greenweb »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #874 on: November 18, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »
Where do you get high temp fiber gaskets?  Is that something at an auto parts store?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #875 on: November 18, 2017, 05:10:25 PM »
Where do you get the gaskets Greenweb? The only way I’d buy the new redhead is if you would mod it to look like yours. You’re collection is always impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #876 on: November 18, 2017, 05:37:40 PM »
@HoosierKettle and @kettlebb - Thanks kettlebb.

I am sure you can buy it at any auto parts store or online. I just happen to have a sheet of it at home. Can't remember where I got it from.

This is from the Red SSP restore lid handle that was off. Same deal on any Taco handles for me. Cut to size and punch center holes using hollow punch.

Here is a same stuff I have on ebay for less than $1.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gasket-Material-Fel-Pro-Karropak-Tan-Fiber-Sheet-1-32-Thick-Felpro-/152766106260

By the way, these fiber gaskets are made by Felpro made in USA.  ;)

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:43:07 PM by greenweb »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #877 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »
Thanks man. You always take what weber makes and make it better. That lid looks fantastic.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #878 on: November 18, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
Nice job @greenweb ! It gives it a very retro look. 

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #879 on: November 18, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »
Yeah, if I get one, I'm doin' that!

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #880 on: November 18, 2017, 08:21:21 PM »
Just opened mine today. Was delivered yesteray via USPS .. No shipping damage, but it did have the leg socket problem and some fish eyes in the red of the lid. Called Weber CS this afternoon and was told it was normal. If it rusted, don't worry, it has a 10 year warranty. Apparently that must not count to him right now.

Called back this evening and got a nice lady that requested pics. Sent it all over to them. Waiting to hear back. If they won't replace it, I'll send it back to Amazon and try again... I could live with the lid issue, but the bare metal on the bowl at the bottom of the socket worries me a bit. Maybe I'm just too picky.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #881 on: November 18, 2017, 08:33:22 PM »
That looks like a good one to be picky about, @Jet300.  I would send it back, if it was mine. 

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #882 on: November 19, 2017, 12:11:58 AM »
Just ordered 2 sheet's of those gsakets..

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #883 on: November 19, 2017, 12:27:56 AM »
The only reason a company needs a customer service department that is known for anything at all.................is bad quality control. Just sayin'.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #884 on: November 19, 2017, 03:12:03 AM »
The only reason a company needs a customer service department that is known for anything at all.................is bad quality control. Just sayin'.

OK Mike, I need to talk you off the ledge here.

You are on a mission lately and this needs to be addressed.  For years Weber grills has put out a great product and I would argue is still superior to it's competitors.  I recognize some issues with this latest run.  However, your statement

"The only reason a company needs a customer service department that is known for anything at all.................is bad quality control"

Weber throughout the years has been known for its stellar customer service, during MLH, MBH Wood handle and OTG eras, they were great.  The quality control per your standards was good, yet they still needed a customer service department. 

Mike, I like you man to man, I know the person that you are and how stand up you are but you are really out against the new Weber and any changes happening. 

Come off the ledge, it'll be OK brutha.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:30:17 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"