Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155081 times)

Al b que

• WKC Brave
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #915 on: November 21, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »
Just pick mine up at Ace Hardware. Grill looks flawless leg sockets coated in black. Great straps covering porcelain no bare metal no rust I'm happy assembled pictures later

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #916 on: November 21, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
It must be limited because I went to my Lowe’s last night and they were no where to be found. I did find the little plastic toy Weber grills though. Might do that for my 2 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #917 on: November 21, 2017, 07:38:06 AM »
I was at a local Blains Farm and Fleet in the Chicagoland area.  Saw a stack of about 10 of them.  No price listed, none assembled for a display. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kettle collector AND cooker!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #918 on: November 21, 2017, 08:20:14 AM »
It must be limited because I went to my Lowe’s last night and they were no where to be found. I did find the little plastic toy Weber grills though. Might do that for my 2 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Lowes that I've been in has them stacked high on a shelf. Not sure what they're waiting for...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #919 on: November 21, 2017, 08:26:23 AM »
I was at a local Blains Farm and Fleet in the Chicagoland area.  Saw a stack of about 10 of them.  No price listed, none assembled for a display. 

Every Lowes that I've been in has them stacked high on a shelf. Not sure what they're waiting for...

This place will lose its collective shit all over again if they go on sale in 3 days.  ;D
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #920 on: November 21, 2017, 08:43:09 AM »
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #921 on: November 21, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
Sonic booms throughout the WKC if there is a sale for sure
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #922 on: November 21, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »
Wonder if any of the retailers would price match for the grillfellas that already bought one.  If it drops to $149 or even lower then I might eat crow and snag one as my present this year.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #923 on: November 21, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
No Webers appear in any Lowe's or Ace Hardware Black Friday flyers (slickdeals.com has them ...) Ace has online coupons that do not work for Webers.

Nothing really new here.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #924 on: November 21, 2017, 01:02:20 PM »
I purchased one last week and opened it to a big chip in the lid and the bare leg socket problem several others are seeing. I sent pictures and got an email stating that a replacement bowl and lid were being shipped. Couple days later I got an email canceling my bowl. I contacted them and they said they needed better pictures. I sent them and today got a response that being bare rusted metal was within their standards. I had planned on keeping this as a looker and putting it on the shelf but now I think I am going to cook the crap out of it and let them replace the bowl (if they even honor their warranty then) when it rusts through in a couple of years. Definitely not what I would expect from Weber. Guess the bottom line is more important than their quality and customers.

mick

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #925 on: November 21, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
I did find the little plastic toy Weber grills though. Might do that for my 2 year old.
@kettlebb lowes black friday sale from 11/23-11/29 while supplies last. (although it does say new lower price not sure what that means.)

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #926 on: November 21, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #927 on: November 21, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »
Very happy with my beautiful red Limited. Orange pill is beautiful can't wait to fire it up.

wreck | fish

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #928 on: November 21, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »
Just checking in on this thread and am a bit shocked.  Sorry to hear about the trouble folks are having both with grill quality and customer service.  I hope Weber gets this sorted out for everyone.  Good luck!
1991 SSP (Blue)  |  1995 Performer (Black)  |  Bar B Kettle (Black)  |  18.5 WSM

Cellar2ful

« Reply #929 on: November 21, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »

Is it possible that the porcelain coverage issues of the Limited Edition red has been present in previous years of colored kettles? Is it possible that due to social media and this Forum these issues have been thrust to the forefront and buyers have become more critical in inspecting them?  Case in point, @Craig had put his kettle together and only after reading about issues inside the leg sockets did he take it apart and inspect it, finding the black porcelain inside instead of red.  Is it also possible that all these years kettles have been produced with occasional bare metal in the leg sockets and grate straps? This could explain why some kettles have leg sockets that fall off due to rust and grate straps that totally rust out on some.

Looking at my kettles today, I found many that had partial colored porcelain coverage on the handles and inside the leg sockets. When not the body color of the kettle, there was still mostly black porcelain, but some had a lot of rust inside the sockets. 

Every one of my 18" MBH's  have missing color coverage on the bowl handles.  As you can see, they are not chipped but have black porcelain covering the inside and edges of the handles.

18" red MBH    bowl handle

18" lime MBH   bowl handle

18"yellow MBH  bowl handle

As you can see below, it appears in both of these 90 era kettles that only the sides of the handle straps are covered with the body color.  The top of the straps are black porcelain.

1991 N Code     lid handle                                                                                                                bowl handle

1995 EO Code   lid handle

Also, the majority of my kettles have some interesting beauty marks as I call them, in the porcelain.

I am not downplaying the concerns anyone has in regards to their purchases of these new kettles. You have the right to be discriminate as a consumer. I just feel that Weber is getting beat up over this Limited Edition kettle and these issues may have been around for a very long time.  We just may not have noticed them.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:48:48 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"