Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 'member? you 'member  (Read 2649 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: 'member? you 'member
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 03:59:32 PM »
The Dumpster Cado was my gateway drug...
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 07:01:44 PM »
just remembered I have a 18 bowl just sitting there with legs. guess I'll attempt to put the sockets on the Cado. the rust holes are kinda big on one maybe I'll use 2 peices of aluminum and use them as like a triangle washer/sandwitch plate for the sockets and bolts to grab onto

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »
little bit of wd-40 and some persuasive taps with a rubber mallet loosened the vents right up. light wipe and she's looking good for now

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
This is gonna be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 05:41:10 PM »
Looking great! I love Cados. The beauty of these old Weber kettles. They could be half buried in the dirt for few years and still looks great after a quick clean up.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 07:34:17 PM »
Looking great! I love Cados. The beauty of these old Weber kettles. They could be half buried in the dirt for few years and still looks great after a quick clean up.
I asked about the brackets cuz I'm gonna get a preformer tomorrow and I wanna mount the brackets under the handles on this. was hoping for an easy unbolt off one drill on another. but it only makes it slightly more difficult to do.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »
Just get sockets give then a quarter turn away from the holes and bolt them on, I have done it a few times, works great.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
I asked about the brackets cuz I'm gonna get a preformer tomorrow and I wanna mount the brackets under the handles on this. was hoping for an easy unbolt off one drill on another. but it only makes it slightly more difficult to do.

Ok! I got you now.  Other options are to buy the custom made SS brackets from 56MPG. Not sure if he still has them but worth inquiring if interested and mounting them. Or using existing metal bowl handles over the top rails and securing with some sort of plate and bolting.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »
Just get sockets give then a quarter turn away from the holes and bolt them on, I have done it a few times, works great.....

What Zav said for the leg sockets. Holes will be covered up and you can even mount the ash bucket on it.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 08:47:52 PM »

What Zav said for the leg sockets. Holes will be covered up and you can even mount the ash bucket on it.
being a 3 wheeler I donno how effective the bucket would be. anyone done that?

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »

Sorry! Wasn't thinking. Not gonna work with ash bucket assy.  ;D  You still need to plug up the socket holes.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »

Sorry! Wasn't thinking. Not gonna work with ash bucket assy.  ;D  You still need to plug up the socket holes.
also to work out the ash catch situation. maybe a galvanized mini garbage can. or put leg sockets on cut some legs and use a pan set up. I donno yet I'll figure it out when I get there

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 01:45:48 AM »
Other options are to buy the custom made SS brackets from 56MPG. Not sure if he still has them but worth inquiring if interested and mounting them.

Funny you you should mention that. I'm picking up a bunch from my metal guy today. Both 22.5 and 18.5 size. I'll be contacting those who had expressed interest earlier, but may have a pair left over. I'll post separately in Member Sales & Trades later today.
Retired