Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is one size kettle more collectable than another ?  (Read 4977 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Re: Re: Is one size kettle more collectable than another ?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
Like everything there are different aspects of collecting. Most people find their niche and work in that space....
I agree Brian. I never thought I would own an 18, but will soon own three. All vintage rescue. Will learn this summer to cook on one. I am thinking steak searing? Regardless, it is a fun hobble. If I don 't have it,  it is collectable.

Like everything there are different aspects of collecting. Most people find their niche and work in that space....

I agree Brian. I never thought I would own an 18, but will soon own three. All vintage rescue. Will learn this summer to cook on one. I am thinking steak searing? Regardless, it is a fun hobble. If I don 't have it,  it is collectable.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Many times, the 18.5 is all the real estate I need for many cooks but my eyes are drawn to the size of a 22. My oldest Weber is a 60s era 18 red. I think 18's are more useful than they are given credit for. Their pretty sweet collectibles too.

See Here ~~~>

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-don't-really-need-all-those-kettles-just-one-18-12'-5/

Buckie you are King! I will learn. I have control on a 22. Had an 18 years ago and over cooked everything...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Is one size kettle more collectable than another ?
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »

It's all about "pay attention, do the dance, pay attention, do the dance...."
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Re: Is one size kettle more collectable than another ?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »

LOL! Probably use less charcoal too...

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »

Ok Buckie, with that tagline material above and the link to the post about the 18 cookout and the info given, oh and plus the blue MT and '90 Brownie scores,  you need to up your post number to 15 or 16.   8)

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 06:08:56 AM »
Classic Buckie.  Nice posts

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Re: Is one size kettle more collectable than another ?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:56 AM »

LOL! Probably use less charcoal too...

Yes, actually, it does........

Ok Buckie, with that tagline material above and the link to the post about the 18 cookout and the info given, oh and plus the blue MT and '90 Brownie scores,  you need to up your post number to 15 or 16.   8)

Well, let's not get TOO far out there....maybe go 12,13...........everybody posts up accquisitions, the 18 dance card thing was already there, but the tagline material.....yeah, the tagline material...........that's important 8)

Classic Buckie.  Nice posts

Yeah Well, being currently unemployed, sorta becomes my job.....providing cheap entertainment & all......just applied for extention, so the most you'll get is another 6 months of this, then I'll have to go out & get a real job...... :D

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"