Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chipped off!  (Read 1740 times)

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Chipped off!
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
It is amazingly warm in Northern Indiana this evening so I had a chance to uncover and check on some of the grills. To my dismay I discovered this on my copper.
Wait, that was after.
This is what I found.

That's a bummer right there because it's actually one of the very, very few I haven't dropped.
I guess it gives me a reason to find another copper.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Qreps

• WKC Brave
Re: Chipped off!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:26:36 PM »
Bummer that sucks

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:49:47 PM »
Ok.... if. It dropped and has been covered up for a while, what are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Chipped off!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »
Travis
Oh, it'd be no biggie. First day of my new green kettle, I didn't hook it good enough and it rolled around on the deck. First day of my blue Corona, I didn't hook it good enough and it rolled around on the deck. Picked it up and proceeded to do it a second time. Gah!! It continues for the others as well.
I would be upset if you had came over and dropped it and left without drinking any rum with us! [emoji482]

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »
Travis
Oh, it'd be no biggie. First day of my new green kettle, I didn't hook it good enough and it rolled around on the deck. First day of my blue Corona, I didn't hook it good enough and it rolled around on the deck. Picked it up and proceeded to do it a second time. Gah!! It continues for the others as well.
I would be upset if you had came over and dropped it and left without drinking any rum with us! [emoji482]

Lol! You'd never have a problem with me not having a rum and coke, for sure! But, what I meant was if you had any thoughts of how it happened. Was it dropped? Or when you uncovered it, it was like that?

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »
@RumBar that sucks...but I have to ask, what kind of rum are you drinking there?  Just polished off a Cayman Distillery Governor's Reserve myself!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Troy1620

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 04:36:27 PM »
Any chance of warranty since its an AT?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

w3ber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
That sucks RumBar. Hope you find another copper soon.
Green SSP x2 DD DA / 22.5 Blk bowl, Red lid (Rescued) / Jumbo Joe / 18.5 N / / SJ100 / UDS 55 /\ Gas Weber Genesis Gold /\ Weber Fire Pit

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »
I'd call customer service for warranty. No dents dings or scratches. Just popped porcelain. Not cool.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 05:11:45 PM »

Travis

Lol! You'd never have a problem with me not having a rum and coke, for sure! But, what I meant was if you had any thoughts of how it happened. Was it dropped? Or when you uncovered it, it was like that?

Travis
No idea how it happened, no trees overhead or any branches could have dropped on it. I had it uncovered at Christmas to get some charcoal baskets out of it and it was fine then. Just an oddity I guess.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 05:13:29 PM »

@RumBar that sucks...but I have to ask, what kind of rum are you drinking there?  Just polished off a Cayman Distillery Governor's Reserve myself!
crowderid
That was just some Kraken, kind of a house rum here. The CDGR sounds fantastic.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 05:16:40 PM »

I'd call customer service for warranty. No dents dings or scratches. Just popped porcelain. Not cool.

Kettlebb
I might give them a call but then again I don't have any issues with some character either, just wish there was a better story to go with it.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
In that case, burn a hole in the cover in the same spot and tell people she was struck by lightning.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.