Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ProGrate/Tombstone owners - How do you setup your fire?  (Read 2280 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
ProGrate/Tombstone owners - How do you setup your fire?
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
I got myself a pro grate and tombstone combo after xmas since there wasn't one under the tree.  I noticed the basket it comes with hooks onto the prograte.  Are you still putting coals under that and on the sides (pacman style) or are you just using the basket?  I'm probably going to do my first pizzas on it tomorrow and am just curious how you are setting it up.  I have everything dialed in when I was using my weber cooking grate so I'm sure I'll figure it out.  I usually use a lot of coals and wood and if the setup is different with this combo I'm hoping it doesn't use as much fuel.  Thanks in advance for your input!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: ProGrate/Tombstone owners - How do you setup your fire?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
This link has pics showing the position I set the prograte and steel. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/kettlepizza-pies-for-me-myself-i/msg237297/#msg237297

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
This link has pics showing the position I set the prograte and steel. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/kettlepizza-pies-for-me-myself-i/msg237297/#msg237297

Thanks...not sure how I missed that one.  Interesting idea setting it up that way.  I like it!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »
Makes it easier to load wood on top or down below. Plus, imo, I get more even heat across the stone. Could be my imagination though. 8)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »
Oh man, I just killed it!!!!  I'll do a full posting tonight or tomorrow....and I actually made 2 rounds pizzas!  LMAO, I have been struggle to make round pies and it just kicked in all of the sudden tonight.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »
 @MikeRocksTheRed The anticipation is killing me! Where are those pics!  ;D 8)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »
Ok, on its way.  I'll just cut and paste the text from Facebook.  I wish these apps would let you select a bunch of pictures at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app