Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - Reveals  (Read 20668 times)

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Secret Santa 2016 - Reveals
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:02:47 AM »
I received my Secret Santa gift today.  @MikeRocksTheRed went above and beyond!  I'm really looking forward to using everything.  Thanks Mike!!

I'm waiting on the arrival of the last component of the gift to send to my Secret Santa so hopefully that gets here soon.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Secret Santa 2016 - Reveals
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:16:42 AM »
Awesome....I saw it was delivered yesterday and was waiting to confirm you got it so I would spoil the surprise.  I was excited when I got your name @Neil_VT00 since we have exchange some weber items in the past.

That hot sauce while labelled as distributed from CA, it is local to AZ.  Found them a few years ago when they were selling from farmers markets.  If I remember correctly one of the things the owner (the wife) told me back then was that they don't use vinegar in their sauces which is usually a common ingredient in hot sauce.  Now they are actually available on Amazon which surprised me but tells me they must be doing well.  The last time I ordered from them was directly from their website and instead of letting the USPS deliver my fairly large order, the owner (the husband this time)hand delivered it himself which I thought was really cool.  It's an interesting hot sauce...it is Ghost Pepper sauce but the Tamarind really cuts the heat making it a medium heat overall.  I love it on lots of things, especially breakfast items like fried eggs, breakfast sandwiches and burritos.  Let me know what you think about it, and make sure you get those Ove Gloves dirty fast!  I can pick up my vortex out of the grill immediately after a wings cook with no problem.  One thing to note with those gloves is that they work so good that when you take them off don't forget they are hot.  The first glove coming off is no big deal because you are removing it with your other gloved hand.  When you remove the second glove you do it bare handed and its easy to forget that second glove is probably hot as hell still!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:27:36 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed I'm excited to try the hot sauce. Great story behind it.  Looks like breakfast sandwiches will be on the menu this weekend.  By far my favorite way to enjoy hot sauces.

Great tips on the gloves.  Those things are seriously thick.  Thanks again for everything!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:37:32 AM by Neil_VT00 »
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:37:49 PM »
Hey that gift looks like my gift from last year....but seriously those ove gloves are epic

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
Hey that gift looks like my gift from last year....but seriously those ove gloves are epic

I got mine a week or two before I got you yours last year.  Post a pic of them...let's see who's gloves are nastier!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 12:45:47 PM »

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:18:34 PM »
Don't know how to tag him on here, but @bcjustin hooked me up!! ..rubs and sauces galore, a lighter and a freaking cool shaker!
Thanks a Bunch!!!!!
Going to send my gift box out Monday

bcjustin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 05:26:46 PM »
Awesome glad you liked it! I must disclaim I've never tried that Dinosaur sauce, I just liked the name and threw it in the cart lol. I'm really enjoying the Killer Hogs rubs. Happy grilling!

22" One Touch Redhead

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 07:52:15 PM »
Great job @bcjustin!  It looks like you are really into rubbing your meat!!!!

bcjustin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 02:36:23 AM »
Everyday! ...wait, what??

22" One Touch Redhead

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 03:27:54 AM »

Mine are in storage but yours are nastier:)

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 06:52:06 AM »
Awesome glad you liked it! I must disclaim I've never tried that Dinosaur sauce, I just liked the name and threw it in the cart lol. I'm really enjoying the Killer Hogs rubs. Happy grilling!

I'm anxious to try all of them!
Planning to do a butt for the guys at work soon, that killer hogs should be awesome!
& the shaker is awesome. I make my own "house seasoning" that will be great in that shaker.
Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »
Time for me to share

My secret Santa was @Scott Zee

Got me a sweet BBQ book, some great smelling rub with a SS shaker and a really nice Rib rack.

Merry Christmas too you Scott, thanks.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »
Jeff, I decided to go "local"...well kinda local. I used to live in Harrisburg in southern Illinois and 17th street was my go to joint. Mike and Amy Mills are great people and really know their BBQ. I love that book and there are many recipes I've tried...the rub recipe is in there. If you like bbq beans you NEED to make their's...by far the best beans I've ever eaten. Hope you enjoy everything and that you and your family have a great holiday season.     
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »
Thanks Scott, I appreciate it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"