Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Gen2 Performer  (Read 6023 times)

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
New Gen2 Performer
« on: November 21, 2016, 06:46:14 PM »
Found this one last night and happened to be the first one to reply to his message.  It was posted for $65 bucks.  When he responded to my message he said he forgot to put in the ad that there were no grates in it and he would either sell it for $50 without them or $75 with new ones.  I told him I was not worried about the grates and I would give him his original asking price of $65 because I thought that was fair.  Just picked it up and I am very pleased, I have wanted a blue one and lucked out even more that it was a Performer.  It needs grates obviously, the table is broken,  the small wheels are toast, the big wheels dont match, and the gas assist tube inside the kettle is split so I will probably replace it.  All minor stuff to me so I am very pleased with it.  The kettle is almost perfect, no rim rash at all and just one small spot on the lid that has a few very small scratches that most others would not notice. 

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: New Gen2 Performer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
I think that's a pretty blue and a great price. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »
Its beautiful!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
That kettle looks great. I can't wait to see what it looks like once it's complete.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »
Is ereplacementparts the cheapest place for parts or is there a better site to order from?

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »
Is ereplacementparts the cheapest place for parts or is there a better site to order from?

What do you plan to order? Weber parts are usually cheaper and I think they have flat rate shipping. That saves a lot of $$$ for the big stuff.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 07:31:27 PM »

What do you plan to order? Weber parts are usually cheaper and I think they have flat rate shipping. That saves a lot of $$$ for the big stuff.

Just a couple of the small parts that are missing or damaged, nothing exciting except the new table.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »
Order them all from Weber at one time for the combined $7 shipping.     IIRC, I think I've seen people talking about replacement casters at Home Depot that are better and/or cost less.   AS for the split in the tube, can you show a pic or give more of a description ?  I say that because the end of the tube (the part in the bowl) is designed with a slit.

Also, the newer style lid bale might be of interest to you.   When you lift the lid back with the current bale, it tilts over the grill just a bit.   With the new style bale, the lid sits all the way back in a vertical position and is out of the way.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 08:01:05 PM »
Order them all from Weber at one time for the combined $7 shipping.     IIRC, I think I've seen people talking about replacement casters at Home Depot that are better and/or cost less.   AS for the split in the tube, can you show a pic or give more of a description ?  I say that because the end of the tube (the part in the bowl) is designed with a slit.

Also, the newer style lid bale might be of interest to you.   When you lift the lid back with the current bale, it tilts over the grill just a bit.   With the new style bale, the lid sits all the way back in a vertical position and is out of the way.

I will grab a picture of the tube and post it, I am 99% sure its jacked up.  I want to swap the lid bale eventually but the one thats on it is actually ok other than one roller missing which is a cheap replacement.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 08:16:55 PM »
Here is the burner tube.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 08:18:33 PM »
Yeah, it's jacked. 

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »
That's what I thought.  Looks to be a pretty cheap fix. 

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 08:32:36 PM »
@Jeepin79 pm sent
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »
nice score !

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 09:26:53 PM »
Great blue performer man. I've been looking at that the last couple days and couldn't believe the price! Glad it's in the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk