Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: We're weird  (Read 4009 times)

bcjustin

• Smokey Joe
Re: We're weird
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 08:52:23 AM »

My wife sometimes acts a bit agrivated with me about this, but she doesn't mind eating the food I cook. She doesn't hesitate to volunteer me to grill 20lbs of chicken for meetings she has. Or cooking salmon for 35 on a single ots when in California.

I kindly remind her that my hobby is inexpensive and she is the beneficiary of my insanity. "I could be into collecting classic shotguns, or fishing gear, or hand painted duck decoys, or start building a race car, or cheating on you." Your choice honey..

Salmon for 35?? Holy cow.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
22" One Touch Redhead

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 09:03:07 AM »
I seem to always get the, "You have....HOW MANY grills?" My normal response is, "They're not grills, They're WEBER grills. Good thing they dont ask about the accessories'.
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
We're weird
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
I'm weird enough to take an action shot from the bottom. Just my dirty ots cooking a turkey breast tonight.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 07:25:41 PM »
I'm weird enough to take an action shot from the bottom. Just my dirty ots cooking a turkey breast tonight.

And I am weird enough to think that pic is beautiful.
May The Smoke Be With You!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 02:22:46 AM »
Well...  when they ask that question...  How many?!?!?! 

I just tell them this;
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 03:40:43 AM »
One of my brother-in-laws called last night to say "Thanks" for the Performer (the blue SSP @Travis  agented for me) I gave him a couple of months ago. He says he's using it constantly, and had no idea how much better and easier it was going to be to cook on his old gasser.

Converting them one Weber at a time.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 07:17:46 AM »
why be normal
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 07:39:33 AM »
One of my brother-in-laws called last night to say "Thanks" for the Performer (the blue SSP @Travis  agented for me) I gave him a couple of months ago. He says he's using it constantly, and had no idea how much better and easier it was going to be to cook on his old gasser.

Converting them one Weber at a time.

That's the thing that kills me every time when the uninformed automatically say that the gasser is easier.  I have to have a decent amount of energy to go all over it over and over. 
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »
I've actually told my wife to stop bringing this up with others as I have ZERO interest in justifying one of my cheapest and most enjoyable hobbies. "let's talk about something else now." Lol
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 02:24:38 PM »
This hobby isn't that weird compared to a lot of others.  I think it's pretty cool and when it involves good food, even better.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 02:39:55 PM »
Stop bumping this! I drink a few too many beers one night, post a crappy thread and it's up near the top every time I come back. Just let it die please :)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »
Weird, right? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cellar2ful

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »
Stop bumping this! I drink a few too many beers one night, post a crappy thread and it's up near the top every time I come back. Just let it die please :)

Posting remorse?
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 04:00:13 AM »
Can't wait for Saturday.  I've got a 2/3 kettle run all lined up.  Jonesing.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 04:06:46 AM »

Can't wait for Saturday.  I've got a 2/3 kettle run all lined up.  Jonesing.
Just a couple more days!  Can't wait to see what you've got lined up.