Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question about registering with Weber  (Read 1160 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Question about registering with Weber
« on: October 27, 2016, 03:36:25 AM »
When you buy a kettle that's less than 10 yrs old off craigslist. How do you register it with weber. Purchase date? Place of purchase?
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Question about registering with Weber
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 04:23:16 AM »
I just enter the info as best I can on-line. I usually say "private sale" in the "where purchased" area, and I do list the price I paid. You will probably not get to take advantage of the original owner warranty, but it's always a good idea to signal how much of a Weber fan you are by having all your grills registered. I don't recommend trying to take advantage of Weber's amazing customer service by claiming to be the original owner and expecting free stuff, that's bad for all of us. Be honest. Be nice, and you might be surprised how flexible they can be. 
Retired

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:03:55 AM »
gift

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »
I just enter the info as best I can on-line. I usually say "private sale" in the "where purchased" area, and I do list the price I paid. You will probably not get to take advantage of the original owner warranty, but it's always a good idea to signal how much of a Weber fan you are by having all your grills registered. I don't recommend trying to take advantage of Weber's amazing customer service by claiming to be the original owner and expecting free stuff, that's bad for all of us. Be honest. Be nice, and you might be surprised how flexible they can be.
This.
It's the piranha scenario.
One guy nibbling away getting free stuff seems harmless,  but multiply by the thousands and the situation changes dramatically.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »

Right on, my friend! Tell the truth, register all of your grills, and when CS sees what a super-fan you are, you just might get a nice deal. 
One of the charcoal people.