Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Painting the triangle/ash pan  (Read 2248 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Painting the triangle/ash pan
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
Get high heat powdercoating.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 03:09:04 AM »
you can get high temp powdercoating, but its only as good as the oven temp its baked at - most bake ovens are 450* .

I was going to get a couple drums coated but they warned me it would  discolor @500*

High temp ceramic hits 1200* but around here there is only one place that does it and its 3 times more $$$
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

beernbrowns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 05:32:45 AM »
Thanks for all the updates. Has anyone ever re-painted the white strip on the wheels? I'm looking to do that as well, just not sure how to tackle it.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 05:49:49 AM »
Thanks for all the updates. Has anyone ever re-painted the white strip on the wheels? I'm looking to do that as well, just not sure how to tackle it.
Yes I have tried painting wheels before but I have terrible painting skills and did not like the results. There are instructions on painting wheels somewhere around here. @zavod44 and @Uncle Al both have better options than painting. One is tape I believe and the other is plastic.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 06:05:13 AM »

Here a link for the wheels. Go check out the restoration guide page on this site. Lots of good tips.

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-grill-restoration-pinstriping-old-wheels/

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 06:10:49 AM »
you can get high temp powdercoating, but its only as good as the oven temp its baked at - most bake ovens are 450* .

I was going to get a couple drums coated but they warned me it would  discolor @500*

High temp ceramic hits 1200* but around here there is only one place that does it and its 3 times more $$$
Thank you. I will look into it. I really want an all black kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
can also go anodize on the legs and anything else aluminum.
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 09:11:33 AM »
May The Smoke Be With You!